Hi everyone!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 3rd, 2006, 5:35 pm

I am Jen, and I guess I have to tell you about myself before posting anywhere else. I am happily married with two boys, 15 and 10. I stay home and do some dogtraining, mostly pet obedience using clicker and positive motivation and natural drives. I also make awesome bully tested tug toys to sell. I will be going back to school next year so i can put the boys through college.

I have three dogs right now, an 8 year old dalmation/whippet mix named Jack, who is titled in agility, flyball, and disc, as well as having legs in dock dogs. Tallulah is a 4 year old Bull Terrier, who has a leg in agility and her first flyball title and is our official ambassador for schools and such through the SPCA. She has done some therapy dog work as well, but I always though she would be better in a WWF nursing home;-).She is hopefully going to be doing tracking and weightpull someday, she has some training in both but I have not been very consistant with it.

Then there is Tess, a rescue pit we were trying to foster since August but cannot adopt her out due to behavioral problems due to her first home.

Tess was my puppy K student, and smart as a whip. I went back to visit her 6 months later on a whim, and found her tied up with a choke chain right next door to the pizzaria, bank and store. Needless to say, that created some behavioral issues, given the teasing and rock throwing she endured. She also had a deep infection in her poor bald neck, likely the collar had grown in and then the trauma from the choke chain just made it worse.

So we decided to keep her, she has started flyball and will hopefully do agility and weight pull as well. She is happiest working, and you would think she were a totally normal dog when she is working, so I am hoping to build her confidence. She has climbed Cascade Mt in the Adirondacks, and is a great hiking dog, so we are planning to take her all summer. If she likes water she will do dock dogs with Jack too. Tallulah can't swim, so she sticks to the shallows in her orange life vest.

We also have 2 cats, Poe, a siamese and Dusty, a barn cat, well, actually an ice cream store cat. We have several fish tanks, a 125 gal terrarium, a bee hive, and chickens.

Right now I cannot put the two bully girls together so they are separated. They will get along for a while, then they will discover a piece of food, a toy, or lint on the carpet and WWIII breaks out. I hope to do some training in the direction of teaching them self-control, but I don't think they will ever be able to live out together. I was thinking I had to rehome the bull terrier, who is easily adoptable, though hearbreaking for me, but I think we may try to keep them both. I worry niether is getting enough time out and such, but maybe it will force me to be more proactive in an exercise program, which would help me too!

I especially am hoping to pick the brain of Demo Dick, who lives about an hour from me, and others-I am fascinated by the bite training, although I will not ever be doing bitework I am very interested in the process of training.I am planning on attending the bull-ympics, so hopefully I will meet many of you then.

Jen
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 3rd, 2006, 5:52 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jesseca » March 3rd, 2006, 6:01 pm

Welcome and I am interested in the bully tested tug toys. My bully feels it's her job to destory toys. :)
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 3rd, 2006, 6:22 pm

welcome and post pics of your family!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » March 3rd, 2006, 7:59 pm

Hello and welcome!

I live in Watertown. Where are you exactly? Are you near Cato?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 3rd, 2006, 10:24 pm

although I will not ever be doing bitework

never say never! :wink:

You are welcome to come out to training any time and check things out. We do plenty of obedience work as well.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 4th, 2006, 8:49 am

Welcome :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » March 4th, 2006, 9:46 am

would be better in a WWF nursing home;-).

A bull terrier would be a fantastic ambassador in a WWF nursing home! Great idea! My Dexter would be a STAR!!!!!
Welcome and great intro!!!

:trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 4th, 2006, 10:24 am

Tug toys- if you send an addy to dogcrazyjen@yahoo.com I will mail you a small one if you like. I would like a few people here to try them out so you know how they are. I can do 5 freebies, then I will break the bank
;-) so the first 5 get them. My dogs will chew them if they are left out and they get bored, the longer tugs I put up when I see them scissoring them-they are not indestructable, but as I said, they are much nicer than the rope ones.

Bitework, I do not have dogs right now that are suited to it, and mainly I do not trust myself to be that consistant. I am not a very consistant trainer with my own dogs, they are pets first and foremost, any other training comes second. I trust a well trained bite dog, I do not trust myself that I could produce that. But I would love to see it. I would very much like to come train the obedience portions, and even play around on the structures you had in the video-Tess would love to run over a small house for a tug toy!

I know Dee and Jill, who run Over Rover in Cato, I am about an hour and a half from there, and I am an hour from Rochester.

Dexter is really cute! Where are you guys from? Do you go to Silverwood?

Here is a link to a pic of Tess and I near the summit of Cascade Mt.,
scroll down past the pic of my husband Dave crouching in a tree trunk.

http://www.standyourground.com/forum/vi ... c&start=30

I was holding her head because she wanted to snuff around in the snow-there was no snow at the foot of the mountain, and she hadn't seen snow since she was a puppy!

I will have to ask my husband to post pics of the others, he has them all locked away on another computer that I have no clue how to get to-engineers :rolleyes2:

Thanks for the welcome!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 4th, 2006, 12:14 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:But I would love to see it. I would very much like to come train the obedience portions, and even play around on the structures you had in the video-Tess would love to run over a small house for a tug toy!

Unfortunately, that is not us, you are thinking of Chris' Yahoooo video. We're planning to steal his ideas though!

You busy tomorrow morning?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 4th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Why, you have a practice going on?

Sorry I goofed the two of you up-I have blonde moments, even though I am a brunette!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 4th, 2006, 2:54 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Why, you have a practice going on?

Yup, every sunday morning.

PM me your phone number, I'll give you a call with all the details.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 4th, 2006, 8:40 pm

I got one rotor done this afternoon, what time is the practice? Maybe I can get the other done in the morning. Let me tell you working on cars in the winter SUCKS!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Return to Introductions