Hong Kong

Postby Asta » June 19th, 2007, 11:00 pm

So i have actually managed to both snap AND upload a few pic´s from our Hong Kong visit so far :)

And since i have been told that i "suffer" from a certain amount of narcissism i will start with a pic of ME. Well, me and the fiancé, but he is standing behind me so its ok ;)
We are in the part called Tsim Sha Tsui on this one, in front of the Hong kong island

Couldnt resist the big panda...There are atleast 25 of them in a row, all different colours

View from The Peak

View from the Peak2. That evil looking building in the front 90 storeys high! EDA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Intern ... nce_Centre

Me and Stéphane at The Peak. We are both sweating like pigs since it was 36 degrees celciuss and the humiditylevel was over 80%. But a stiff upper lip will do it!

The craaaazy tram railtrack we came up on, and thats the flat part :shock: It runs at 25 mph, and according to the hong Kong gov there are fewer than 10 accidents per year...And lean up too 25%.

Blurry but pretty view from our walk on the top

And finally! Civilization :) A drink at The Pearl restaurant after perishing on our walk

Ã…sa
Last edited by Asta on June 19th, 2007, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » June 19th, 2007, 11:05 pm

Looks like a damn good time . . . and I can only assume that you two stuck out like sore thumbs in Hong Kong :D
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jenn » June 19th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Wow those are neat. Your such a traveler I'm jealous.
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » June 19th, 2007, 11:11 pm

Those are GREAT and you kill me! LMAO
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Asta » June 19th, 2007, 11:11 pm

Oh and some, too me anyways, impressive facts :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong#Architecture

The Hong Kong skyline is considered the worlds most beautiful!

They have the worlds largest lasershow here. every night at 20:00-20:15. Involving over 30 buildings and its completely nuts!

4 of the worlds 15 highest skyscrapers are situated here

The new Hong Kong International airport was one of the worlds largest ever construction projects. The whole landmass is manmade.

3 New major bridges has been built. the worlds 6th biggest suspensionbridge. The worlds longest cable.stayed bridge (both cars and trains), and the world's first major four-span cable-stayed bridge.

Hong kong consists of over 260 islands.

Hong Kong means "fragrant harbour"

Et cetera...

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » June 19th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Looks like a damn good time . . . and I can only assume that you two stuck out like sore thumbs in Hong Kong

Yeah, we are the two ridicously white enormous people...In fact after having eaten atleast half a cow each the other night we felt like being a tad adventourous and take advantege of one of the massage parlours that frequents the area. No, not one of THOSE places...

So anyways, we climb into the building where a sign by the elevator proclaims that the building has had a lot of problems with big rocks falling from it. Great :shock: And it forbid the people to continue to try and patch it up themselves...

So we get up to the 12th floor, and is ushered into the room where a girl that weighs a maximum of 40 kg is to take on Steph that weighs 110 kg´s...But she must have been a direct decendant of Bruce Lee and i am sure that she cracks nuts with her toes easily!

My girl was just the same, and i will think twice before ordering a foot reflexology again, ouch! I was quite certain that i would have to amputate both feet the following day (suprisingly enough they feel great). She also hammered her way through my whole body. Literally.

But anyways, they were so fascinated at Steph´s size that they took turns with comparing their thighs to his upperarms. Guess conducting is a good workout afterall lmao.

Then they just had to walk on him too, both of them. I just died of laughter! Him, not so much.

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » June 19th, 2007, 11:28 pm

Ok, i just stumbled on some more fun, imo opinion, facts :)

The airport has been voted the worlds best out of 155 countries 2001-2005. Came in 2nd in 2006.

And according to the university of Ulster they are also boosting the worlds highest IQ out of 185 countries.

The worlds 2nd largest, well most busy, port if you count containers.

The worlds most expensive city if youre renting a place to live in 2007

Nr 1 in the world for economic freedom 13 years in a row in 2007

And so forth...
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » June 19th, 2007, 11:46 pm

Then they just had to walk on him too, both of them. I just died of laughter! Him, not so much.

lmao
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » June 19th, 2007, 11:50 pm

On June 19 2007, 10:46 PM, Jenn wrote:

lmao

Bwahahahahahahah!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » June 20th, 2007, 6:26 am

Yeah, well I was going to go to New Jersey last Saturday, but I had this sick cat.....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » June 20th, 2007, 8:42 am

On Tue, Jun 19 2007, 11:50 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:
On June 19 2007, 10:46 PM, Jenn wrote:

lmao

Bwahahahahahahah!!!

:fastRoll:

You guys are a very cute couple!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 20th, 2007, 12:52 pm

What fabulous pictures! I so wish you had some pics of Steph's face when he was getting abused, I mean, massaged. lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Two Legged Family Members