Homeowner Ins Co's that Accept Pit Bulls

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby TinaMartin » May 18th, 2007, 11:39 am

USAA is really good for anyone who can get it. I have had my house damaged 3 times and each time they came out they didn't even bat an eye about dogs. At the time I owned a 70 lb chow and got bad reactions from people all the time they just waltzed through the house and every one of them said oh what a cute chow. They generally get labeled just like pitteis. I cant tell you how many times I had to defend my "vicious" dog because we had a baby. All USAA cared about was how to fix the house and they are not nasty about paying out either. They are timely, Don't make you wait for your money, and are friendly too!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Pitcrew » June 14th, 2007, 9:15 pm

I was appoved the other day, for the house I am buying, by State Farm. They knew the dogs I have... GREAT!

Today they leave a message on my answering machine, That because I am going to have a dog training business on my property, they approve me for the homeowners.
Obviously I am going to have business insurance... so whats up with that?

Anyone know of a homeowners insurance company that will do both?
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pitcrew » June 14th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Why didn't the spell-check fix my spelling of APPROVED? :shock:
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 15th, 2007, 9:22 am

That's the new spelling ;)

Congrats on the house!

I don't understand your post - they won't do the business insurance, but they will do the homeowners?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby randi81 » June 15th, 2007, 10:46 am

On June 14 2007, 9:15 PM, Lisa wrote:I was appoved the other day, for the house I am buying, by State Farm. They knew the dogs I have... GREAT!

Today they leave a message on my answering machine, That because I am going to have a dog training business on my property, they approve me for the homeowners.
Obviously I am going to have business insurance... so whats up with that?

Anyone know of a homeowners insurance company that will do both?

State Farm should do both. Our homeowner's insurance is through them, and they are fully aware that my dog isn't an APBT "mix", she's just pit. As long as there is no documented bite history, you shouldn't have any issues!
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Pitcrew » June 17th, 2007, 12:38 pm

They had no problem with the homeowners insurance, or the dogs I own. They didn't even ask.
They decided to decline me after they found out I was opening a business in the property. Apparently... since they don't insure that type of business, they wont insure a home with that type of business planned for the property.
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Living with your Pit Bull