Lab Reports Melamine In Unrecalled Dry Pet Food Exported Fr

Postby cheekymunkee » June 9th, 2007, 2:12 am

A lab report provided by a reader indicates that a sample of Country Value Puppy formula exported from the US contained melamine. The report obtained and translated by Itchmo states that the sample was tested by a South Korean university’s veterinary research center. This report has not been verified in the US. Country Value is also sold in the US, but has not been recalled.

This is also the first report of a lab — besides Expertox in Texas — reporting on possible contamination of unrecalled pet food.

Jim Fallon, a spokesman for Diamond Pet Foods, said that the food with the best by date of March 2008 was made in September 2006 at their South Carolina plant.

The lab reported finding melamine concentrations of 346.21 parts per million, a number that is higher than the amounts typically found through cross contamination according to the manufacturer Diamond Pet Food. Fallon also said that they have received no calls regarding Country Value through their recall hotlines. Diamond is working on pulling the retained samples and will test them for melamine and says they will pursue this “aggressively and cautiously.â€
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » June 9th, 2007, 8:27 am

And such good ingredients!

LMAO
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » June 9th, 2007, 1:49 pm

I think Melamine is the GOOD thing in that brand!! Well flax seed is good but that is the only thing that is.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » June 9th, 2007, 1:51 pm

On June 09 2007, cheekymunkee wrote:I think Melamine is the GOOD thing in that brand!!

I was thinking of that, too. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Pet Food Recall