Home Sweet Home blah

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » February 28th, 2006, 1:52 am

The following link contains some graphic material. Do not click the link if you have a problem with offensive dogfighting material.

Dogfighting is no longer something that only happens in far-away places anymore. Several Cases Being Investigated In One Local County
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 28th, 2006, 2:03 am

People make me smurfing sick
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bahamutt99 » February 28th, 2006, 2:51 am

I think lots of folks would be surprised just how widespread it is. Maybe not the "pro" fighters, but the folks who keep one or two dogs and fight them from time to time. Probably why some folks push for a breed ban; it'd be easier for them just to wipe out the breed then try to track down all the small-time fighters. Sad.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 28th, 2006, 8:40 am

My laptop has stopped playing vidseos like that for some reason.

There is fighting here too. A vet from my kennel club went to a seminar on it and it is very widespreads. It is showing up in the boonies on back roads and places like that.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » February 28th, 2006, 9:16 am

there is fighting in a few towns over from me as well.. i would love to take those guys, rip their balls off, stuff them down their throats, hang them up and then slowly gut them with a dull bladed knife....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » February 28th, 2006, 9:45 am

Don't hold back ME, tell us how you really feel. :lol3:
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » February 28th, 2006, 10:00 am

:chopper: :fire: :biggun: there are some other things i would love to do to them too....but i cant say them on a forum..... lets just say its VERY VERY EVIL..........
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 28th, 2006, 11:56 am

I love Maryellen, she gives me so many evil ideas!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby JCleve86 » February 28th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Sometimes it's easy to fall into the "when done the old way, it's not as bad" mindset until you see videos like that. Of course they had clips of a few fights that if they were truly done the old way, would have been stopped. The one fawn down laying on his back, crying, just trying to push the other dog off of him who was chomping on his neck...clearly not going to be proven game there, that would have been stopped. The last clip where the one dog was hiding behind his owner while the other dog charged at him...the one hiding didn't scratch, so that match would have been stopped too.

Certainly doesn't make it right whatsoever...it's still gut wrenching...ugh.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Miakoda » February 28th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Jcleve did bring up a good point.

Mind you I am NOT speaking in defense of pit fighting, but there is a HUGE difference in that done by the old dogmen of past & that done by streetfighters & wanna-be "professionals" of today. That video (which I've seen over & over & over, etc.) only shows street fighters & wanna-bes who have no love for their dogs but only for themselves & their egos. They have no problem letting their dogs painfully lose in the ring & die a merciless death, yet it was a very, very rare occasion that a dog died in the ring in the hands of a true dogman. Most deahts (if they did die), occured afterwards when aftercare was being given. Most of those dogmen took pride in their dogs & in themselves & would not allow a scared, losing dog to remain. It would be picked up & the match over w/no ill feelings toward the dog. (Now mind you I have spent over 15 years actively researching everything about this breed b/c I find that knowledge is power)

The only problem I have with these types of videos is that they portray ALL of us APBT owners in a bad light & they portray dogs bred for fighting as ruthless, blood lust killers of animals & humans. All it does it create hysteria amongst the general public & punish the rest of us for owning these dogs.

JMO. Now, let the thrashings begin......... :bricks:
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 28th, 2006, 3:12 pm

Miakoda wrote:Jcleve did bring up a good point.

Mind you I am NOT speaking in defense of pit fighting, but there is a HUGE difference in that done by the old dogmen of past & that done by streetfighters & wanna-be "professionals" of today. That video (which I've seen over & over & over, etc.) only shows street fighters & wanna-bes who have no love for their dogs but only for themselves & their egos. You will not catch a true old fashioned dogman in the act. They don't publicize things nor do they allow new, unknown people (such as the random undercover people you see making these videos) into their circles.

The only problem I have with these types of videos is that they portray ALL of us APBT owners in a bad light & they portray dogs bred for fighting as ruthless, blood lust killers of animals & humans. All it does it create hysteria amongst the general public & punish the rest of us for owning these dogs.

JMO.

I agree. But no matter how much the dogmen of old loved their dogs, they still participated in disgusting acts with them. I have had these dogs for over 40 years. none of my dogs nor my dad's dogs have been fighters, I still have the same wiggle butted love mushs as the dogs of old were. Some of them would still have loved to rip the stuffing out of another dog but they were not bred for that trait, nor were they allowed to pursue it. No matter how it is done, it is disgusting

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Miakoda » February 28th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Cheeky, mind you I'm NOT defending it. Just offering my opinion on the harm that these videos do to us responsible owners of this "blood-thirsty" breed.

Although, no matter how much we hate & despise the act, the fact that the APBT was a pit dog did bring about all the qualities we love & admire in the breed: the alltrusting love of humans, the desire to please their humans, the will to never quit or give up (which is a great trait for dogs in SAR & the like), the athleticism to compete in all sorts of competitions, etc.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 28th, 2006, 3:49 pm

Miakoda wrote:Cheeky, mind you I'm NOT defending it. Just offering my opinion on the harm that these videos do to us responsible owners of this "blood-thirsty" breed.

Although, no matter how much we hate & despise the act, the fact that the APBT was a pit dog did bring about all the qualities we love & admire in the breed: the alltrusting love of humans, the desire to please their humans, the will to never quit or give up (which is a great trait for dogs in SAR & the like), the athleticism to compete in all sorts of competitions, etc.

Oh, I know you are not defending the practice. :wink:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby JCleve86 » February 28th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Right...and I think we all appreciate that. One of the main issues I have with modern day dogmen is that they feel we have to continue with the same methods of proving the breed...which, if you note any dogs coming from responsible breeders (who don't participate in dog fighting), their dogs are perfectly sound too. So that whole "preserving the breed" idea just doesn't ring true. Yes, they have certainly (in all likelihood) lost a touch of gameness, if not lost it completely, but in an era when all methods of testing gameness are illegal, I don't know that we need to be focused on that. They are still damned fine dogs, game or not.

And yes, I do realize that many folks feel pit bulls are defined by that quality...so I guess I would just say I disagree. It is admirable, for certain, but it's also illegal to breed for...can't preserve dogs who are euthanized as soon as they are taken from you on suspicion of dog fighting. Seems to me Floyd's dogs arent' too well preserved right about now.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jesseca » February 28th, 2006, 4:22 pm

It is so sad to me. I tried watching it, I really did but as soon as I saw the blood on the floor I got out of it. I am aware of how the stupid punks of today fight these dogs, but I just can't watch it. I do agree, the old dog fighters did take better care of their dogs(I guess :| ), these young punks are all about the ego and I like to :chopper:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » March 9th, 2006, 5:26 pm

what bothered me was the "experts" who were going to make the connection between dog fighting and attacks by Pit Bulls.

Of course they wouldn't explain that human aggression and dog and other animal aggression are different.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » March 9th, 2006, 6:29 pm

Working in law enforcement, I would not be surprised at the amount of it that is going on. It is a bunch of thugs and wannabes, but it still IS.
Alarmingly, I went on a call to a bird/fighting rooster!! fight a few weeks ago and it was transpiring a mere MILE from our house.
:shock:
Last edited by msvette2u on March 9th, 2006, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » March 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm

A pee pee fight? :o lol
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » March 9th, 2006, 9:41 pm

:o (Roosters)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » March 9th, 2006, 10:49 pm

OOooooohhh I just realized what you wrote. lol I was trying to figure out what "pee pee" was the filter word for, but I couldn't guess. It all comes together now.

lol
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk