Organix, good or bad?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby AchillesThePit » February 15th, 2006, 10:06 pm

Has anyone heard of or used this brand-Organix? If so, can you tell me if it's good or bad? I posted the same question on pbf, but thought I'll ask here too hoping to get more info on this kibble. Thank you. I'll also post the ingredients below:

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Crude Protein min. 28.00%
Crude Fat min. 15.00%
Crude Fiber max. 3.00%
Moisture max. 10.00%
Calcium min. 1.00%
Phosphorus min. 0.90%
Omega 6 Fatty Acid+ min. 3.60%
Omega 3 Fatty Acid+ min. 0.60%

INGREDIENTS:
Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Organic Peas, Organic Extruded Soybean Seeds, Organic Barley, Organic Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tochopherols, Rosemary, and Citric Acid), Dicalcium Phosphate, Salmon Meal, Natural Liver Flavor, Organic Flaxseed, Dried Whole Egg, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Ascorbic Acid+, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Ribo- flavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamin Mono- nitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Proteinate, Biotin, Dried Fermentation Products of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Aspergillus Niger, Enterococcus Faecum, Trichoderma Longbrachiatum and Bacillus Subtilis (sources of direct fed microbials and digestive enzymes), Glucosamine Hydrochloride+, Chondroitin Sulfate+.

+not recognized by AAFCO Nutrient Dog Profiles as an essential nutrient.
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby Insomnia » February 27th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Hey Joelle, I went into their warehouse and picked up 2x 15lb bags today.....I didn't bother testing out if they like it or not 'cuz my dogs will eat almost anything. Today, first time feeding it, Pipi is unsure how to eat it 'cuz she's never really eaten kibble b4, she always eat canned + kibble, haha, it's so funny, she'd bring a few to her bed and eat it and go back to her bowl and take a few more back. Princess just eat it like she's vacuuming.

If ur unsure if you want to feed this, let me observe it for the first month or a few.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby AchillesThePit » March 1st, 2006, 11:05 pm

That's cool. Glad you found their warehouse and got the bags. :) OK, please let me know how it goes after a month or two. :) Thank you. :)
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby Insomnia » March 2nd, 2006, 12:44 pm

so far...lots of pooping...it seems that they poop more than they eat.....but maybe it's because my parents are spoiling them with so much fruits, could that be a bad thing?
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Nutrition & Health