Elvis Has Left The Building

Postby BigDogBuford » May 31st, 2007, 10:20 pm

Most likely if you're a close friend of mine, you've met Elvis. Found scrounging around in a Taco Bell dumpster 10 years ago Elvis charmed his way into everybody's hearts that he met. This included people who were allergic to cats and those who weren't 'cat people'.

Always welcoming to new cats and dogs brought into the house, he'd let them know about chow time and show them where the crapper was. He was an equal opportunity cuddler, it didn't matter if you were a cat, a dog or a human with a lap. Famous for his 'sleeper hold' there were many an afternoon whiled away with Elvis napping on our laps.

A tough old cat, he survived being homeless on the mean streets of Lake City, seizures, skin cancer on his ear and a malformed palate. Three years ago Elvis was diagnosed with a brain tumor....they gave him three months to live. They weren't three perfect years but he never stopped purring and dishing out the love.

Last night Elvis stopped purring and we knew it was time. He was spoiled with a shrimp platter and a fillet of halibut and gracefully left our lives to enrichen those in his new life.

Long live the king, Elvis has left the building.

~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » May 31st, 2007, 10:22 pm

My condolences. :( Your memorial for him was just beautiful.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 31st, 2007, 10:22 pm

RIP Elvis... :(

BTW - is that a penis on his cake?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Magnolia618 » May 31st, 2007, 10:24 pm

What an awesome cat. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

and I have to say... I just about pissed myself at the cake picture :lol
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » May 31st, 2007, 10:24 pm

On May 31 2007, pitbullmamaliz wrote:RIP Elvis... :(

BTW - is that a pee pee on his cake?

Yes, that's my 30th birthday cake from the Erotic Bakery here in Seattle. He was just checking out the edible, marzipan pen!s.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » May 31st, 2007, 10:25 pm

RIP Elvis. He sounds like he was a totally awesome cat.

And that penis cake picture is so awesomely wrong. Was the cake for him, or just the penis?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » May 31st, 2007, 10:26 pm

On May 31 2007, Magnolia618 wrote:What an awesome cat. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

and I have to say... I just about pissed myself at the cake picture :lol

I think once you've been a hungry stray you're always willing to check out anything that resembles food. He once stole a dill pickle off my plate and actually ate the whole thing.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Emi » June 1st, 2007, 12:22 am

Rip Elvis..
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 1st, 2007, 2:22 am

Chase the bull dogs Elvis. Run fast & free :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmypitties » June 1st, 2007, 8:42 am

I am so sorry for your loss! Elvis was a cool looking cat!

And I love that pee pee cake too! Great!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby randi81 » June 1st, 2007, 10:13 am

RIP Elvis!! Your tribute to him was great!
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Jenn » June 1st, 2007, 1:21 pm

I'm sorry for your loss :( RIP Elvis

I've never seen a pee pee cake so realistic!
Jenn
undecided

Postby BigDogBuford » June 1st, 2007, 4:20 pm

On June 01 2007, Jenn wrote:I'm sorry for your loss :( RIP Elvis

I've never seen a pee pee cake so realistic!

They even asked me what 'style' I wanted and what color pubes frosting i wanted. Weird, huh?
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Our Departed Friends