it just got worse!!!!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby chance's mom » February 27th, 2006, 12:10 am

ok so some of you may have read that my hoa sent out a newsletter about restricting dogs such as "pit bulls" that i just posted about. well we had decided to move, but just now we took chance out to go potty and our new neighbors moved in. the house across from us was rented out to 3 college guys. one of them has a female staffy! i then learned she is not spayed, my first question, is aggressive, second question, and that "becuase she cost a lot i want to get a couple of litters from her" egh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i remained calm, told the guy to keep her away from other dogs, expecially when she is in heat. i advised him to get her spayed because it may help her aggressiveness. i started by saying "keep in mind" and he looked at chance and said oh yea for sure he would be great! i said oh no no no no, we dont believe in byb's and he is neutered. the guy was obviously not getting it, so now i know there is a very good chance for a big problem!!!! if his dog attacks someone or someone elses dog, we all know what that would mean, definately no "pit bulls" in our nieghborhood and possibly the city we live in!! i told my man we have to move like yesterday. but that doesnt make me feel any better you know? this idiot has this dog which is going to be in heat and is aggressive, a recipe for disaster because of the obvious ignorance of the owner = another spotlight of a picture of how bad our breed is. i hate this and dont know what to do. i dont want to be too rude becuase then i wont get through to the guy. any one have any advise?
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby JCleve86 » February 27th, 2006, 3:25 am

Talk to your neighbors and the big cheese of the HOA NOW. Tell him your concerns. Tell him your dog is a great dog, but this other female is the reason this breed has a bad name, and you don't want something to happen to YOUR dog because of her. Perhaps they should suggest to the owner of the college kid's home that he won't allow a litter to be bred in his house as he does not want to replace the carpets after an entire litter gets potty trained (OR NOT) on them. :|
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 27th, 2006, 7:47 am

How do you know she's aggressive?

The guy is on college. Chances are he won't be keeping her that long. As soon as the dsog food bill interferes with his beer money he will be looking to sell her.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Insomnia » February 27th, 2006, 11:48 am

that sounds like a huge problem.......ppl tend not to be persuaded.

I had no luck persuading one of my best friend not to breed his toy poodle mutt, he is still looking for a stud. Just cannot be convinced in any way.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby valliesong » February 27th, 2006, 12:34 pm

i would certainly see if you can get the message through to the HOA that a. unaltered dogs cause far more problems, b. the problems are not based on breed. the best option would be for them to simply charge some sort of fee to owners of intact dogs, to protect those who have legitimate reasons, but allowing only spayed/neutered dogs is certainly not a bad idea. i am not too familar with HOAs, but i know of many landlords and trailer park owners who require just that.

as for dog food interfering with beer money: i would be much more concerned that he would start breeding her to make money. and as far as the carpets go, he will likely just move her outside or into the basement.
Val

Ethical Bull Breed Rescue & Referral - http://www.ebbrr.org
One by One Cat Rescue - http://1by1catrescue.org
valliesong
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » February 27th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Insomnia wrote:that sounds like a huge problem.......ppl tend not to be persuaded.

I had no luck persuading one of my best friend not to breed his toy poodle mutt, he is still looking for a stud. Just cannot be convinced in any way.

I work with a guy who has Golden Retrievers and had got the male first, who was unable to be registered due to hip problems!? Something like that...(I don't ask too much) he began searching immediately for a female so he could make puppies....What I mean is, some people just don't GET A HINT!! :x
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby chance's mom » February 27th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Romanwild wrote:How do you know she's aggressive?

The guy is on college. Chances are he won't be keeping her that long. As soon as the dsog food bill interferes with his beer money he will be looking to sell her.

i know she is aggressive becuase i asked him, he said yes and that they had two poodles that he just sent to guam becuase they kept having to seperate the staffy from attacking them! where we live, its not cheap, between the guys living there, thier rent is 1700 a month! i did let him know it is against our contract here to breed any animal!!! he says well my friend paid a lot of money for her so i want to get a couple litters! egh, no. they just moved in last night, we are the only ones who know about his dog in the neighborhood, and i am afraid that if i tell the hoa about his dog, they will say mine will have to go too!!! regardless how nice he is. i would love it if every dog here had to be spayed/neutered, i think that would be the best, but there are a lot of "stuck up and snooty" people here that would never let that happen becuase their pretious pooky poodle would never hurt anyone! (right as it snaps at me when i try to pet it, :rantSwitch: ) ETA ETA ETA
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk