Does this Weight Pull Harness Fit?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Marinepits » May 27th, 2007, 5:18 pm

One of our members was kind enough to let me try-on this harness with Mac before purchasing it. As I am completely new to weight pull, I'm just wondering if the harness fits properly.

It's a little difficult to get over his big boulder-sized skull, but once it's over his head, the harness seems to just fall right into place on his shoulders. Mac is also very long-legged and has a very long stride (we're guessing he's mixed with Mastiff due to his huge size) -- his rear legs hit the bar when he tries to extend his stride, but I'm thinking he won't be running in the harness, so that really shouldn't matter?

What do you guys think? :|

As you can tell, he's not happy to be standing still for the photos and as soon as I put the harness on him and attached the leash so I could take pics, he leaned right into the shoulder straps and started pulling me across the yard, LOL. Maybe he's a natural? :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2007, 5:27 pm

I don't know but I LOVE his face!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » May 27th, 2007, 5:29 pm

You want him? It's buy-one-get-one-free for Memorial Day Weekend! I'll throw in Shorty as your freebie, LOL! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Man, Shorty sure sweetens the deal!! I asked Munkee, he said no. He's so rude.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » May 27th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Wow! Someone is giving YOU "the face"!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » May 27th, 2007, 10:59 pm

I don't know either, but the last picture is awesome. :lol3:

Was he fixed at an early age?
Jenn
undecided

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 27th, 2007, 11:09 pm

haha, I don't know either, but I just wanted to say he is gorgeous! :loveU:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Marinepits » May 28th, 2007, 6:49 am

On Sun, May 27 2007, 6:26 PM, iluvk9 wrote:Wow! Someone is giving YOU "the face"!!!!

Uh, yeah. That's his normal everyday look, LOL. :squint:

The neighbors had just come home and Mac was busy staring at their front door, waiting for the cats (walking snacks) to come out.

haha, I don't know either, but I just wanted to say he is gorgeous!

Thank you! :D

Was he fixed at an early age?

He was neutered around 8 months, I think. He is a rescue and we discovered lots of medical problems after we first adopted him at 3 1/2 - 4 months, otherwise I would have neutered him earlier.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Leslie H » May 28th, 2007, 12:55 pm

I'm just learning about proper fit. Most important is that the harness ride on their shoulders, w/out pressing on their windpipe. If they ride too high, you're basically choking the dog whenever he is working, which can be a deterrent to say the least.
Here's my pup just hanging out in a properly fitted harness.
ImageHere she is working. She how it sits on her shoulders, distributing the weight w/out cutting into her airway.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Marinepits » May 28th, 2007, 1:15 pm

Oh, thank you, Leslie! I'll have Steve help me get him to pull and I'll check out where the padding hits on his chest/shoulders!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TinaMartin » May 29th, 2007, 12:21 pm

Looks pretty good, but make sure that it doesn't rub anywhere or pinch. And as in the other post make sure it doesn't choke.
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Sports