Obedience Video

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby katiek0417 » May 23rd, 2007, 5:47 pm

On May 23 2007, 4:40 PM, Big_Ant wrote:Makes Sense Katrina, and I seen the video of Asja hitting in that one trial and it was hard!!!

Oh! I found someone to get me the list of the Sch Commands in Japanese for Mr. Rider Boy. I'm not sure they translate perfectly since the person who got them for me was not a dog person, so the use of adjective/verb might be a little off, but what can you do? Google only had symbols, and none that were specifically from dog/sch people. Just standard word translation.

- Anthony

Awesome...I actually think I threw mine out...they were from my old trainer...and, well...look at Sacha...

Asja definitely is absolutely awesome...she's also the sweetest, most social dog...she can go up to kids and love on them right after she's brought off the field after bitework...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby DemoDick » May 23rd, 2007, 8:50 pm

On May 23 2007, mnp13 wrote:
On May 23 2007, 14:27, ellie@ny wrote:Nice work! :)
Can I ask why is he wearing the muzzle?

PSA requires that the dog be muzzled at the beginning of the obedience portion of the routine so he has to be used to wearing one.

I would still do some obedience in muzzle even if it wasn't required for PSA. Muzzle fighting is an important skill for a PP dog and the WORST thing you can do is put the muzzle on the dog and send him on the bad guy. Teaching the dog to ignore the muzzle and not to see it as a cue that muzzle fighting is imminent is called deconditioning. Doing some obedience in muzzle is part of deconditioning.

It's also a MAJOR distraction for many dogs, so it's something to train through.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby ellie@ny » May 23rd, 2007, 9:36 pm

On May 23 2007, DemoDick wrote:
On May 23 2007, mnp13 wrote:
On May 23 2007, 14:27, ellie@ny wrote:Nice work! :)
Can I ask why is he wearing the muzzle?

PSA requires that the dog be muzzled at the beginning of the obedience portion of the routine so he has to be used to wearing one.

I would still do some obedience in muzzle even if it wasn't required for PSA. Muzzle fighting is an important skill for a PP dog and the WORST thing you can do is put the muzzle on the dog and send him on the bad guy. Teaching the dog to ignore the muzzle and not to see it as a cue that muzzle fighting is imminent is called deconditioning. Doing some obedience in muzzle is part of deconditioning.

It's also a MAJOR distraction for many dogs, so it's something to train through.

Demo Dick

Thank you so much for explain it for me!!!I don't train in PP,so I didn't know! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby DemoDick » May 23rd, 2007, 10:18 pm

Thank you so much for explain it for me!!!I don't train in PP,so I didn't know!

Any time.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby luvmypitties » May 24th, 2007, 10:05 pm

On May 23 2007, 4:26 PM, katiek0417 wrote:
Tina, whenever you are settled with work, give me a call....it would be fun to have you come up and train with us, sometime...also, are you going to start training with Rick at some point?

I have talked to him on the phone but I cant afford to do training with him at the moment. He said he would work with me on cost but even then it just isnt enough fo me right now. I also PMed you about somethings as well!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » May 24th, 2007, 10:18 pm

On May 24 2007, 9:05 PM, luvmypitties wrote:
On May 23 2007, 4:26 PM, katiek0417 wrote:
Tina, whenever you are settled with work, give me a call....it would be fun to have you come up and train with us, sometime...also, are you going to start training with Rick at some point?

I have talked to him on the phone but I cant afford to do training with him at the moment. He said he would work with me on cost but even then it just isnt enough fo me right now. I also PMed you about somethings as well!

You've got a PM...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jenn » May 24th, 2007, 10:29 pm

Guy with mustache made me laugh! That was really neat to see. :)
Jenn
undecided

Previous

Return to Sports