Do you think they are happy to be out of the shelter...??

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » May 20th, 2007, 3:59 pm

Maybe...

Possibly...

WHEE!

Hi, again (they were kenneled together @ the shelter) !!!

I think they are happy...!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 20th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Looks like it to me!! :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » May 20th, 2007, 6:43 pm

LMAO. They look like they have Spring Fever!

And yes, I will say it, because you all know I can't hold it back....

That Lab pup is precious! :heartbeat: I think I need to adopt every Black Lab available in the US.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby babyreba » May 20th, 2007, 9:03 pm

aww, they look thrilled!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 20th, 2007, 9:10 pm

They were in heaven - such a simple thing, to us, and my dogs take it for granted of course, but man, the black/white dog has been @ the shelter OVER a month - no fresh grass to run in or pee on for over a month! :(
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » May 20th, 2007, 9:16 pm

On May 20 2007, msvette2u wrote:They were in heaven - such a simple thing, to us, and my dogs take it for granted of course, but man, the black/white dog has been @ the shelter OVER a month - no fresh grass to run in or pee on for over a month! :(

I bet the freedom of such a large piece of land was really exciting for them. It's sweet that they "knew each other" at the shelter. I wonder what they were both "saying" to each other as they ran around your field. LMAO
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 20th, 2007, 9:41 pm

I bet they almost wet themselves when they saw how much room they were going to be able to run in!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby randi81 » May 20th, 2007, 9:56 pm

On May 20 2007, 9:10 PM, msvette2u wrote:They were in heaven - such a simple thing, to us, and my dogs take it for granted of course, but man, the black/white dog has been @ the shelter OVER a month - no fresh grass to run in or pee on for over a month! :(

Saydee was in a shelter for almost 2 years.. you should have seen her when I brought her home and let her loose in the back yard! I think that was one of the most rewarding days of my life as of yet. :D
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 20th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Yeah - I think it is so sad for them to be locked up for so long without walks and only cement to pee/poo on :(
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » May 21st, 2007, 6:34 am

On May 20 2007, randi81 wrote:Saydee was in a shelter for almost 2 years.. you should have seen her when I brought her home and let her loose in the back yard! I think that was one of the most rewarding days of my life as of yet. :D

Aww, that is so sad, yet so sweet!

Isn't it amazing now that you "know Saydee" and love her to pieces, how everyone passed her up at the shelter?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby randi81 » May 21st, 2007, 10:41 am

On May 21 2007, 6:34 AM, iluvk9 wrote:
On May 20 2007, randi81 wrote:Saydee was in a shelter for almost 2 years.. you should have seen her when I brought her home and let her loose in the back yard! I think that was one of the most rewarding days of my life as of yet. :D

Aww, that is so sad, yet so sweet!

Isn't it amazing now that you "know Saydee" and love her to pieces, how everyone passed her up at the shelter?

Yup, it IS amazing. To this day, I still wonder WHY nobody picked her for themselves! It's sad to say, but the Humane Society where I live is no-kill.. and they DO adopt out a lot of pits with behavioral problems to people who have no idea how to manage them. Dogs that should have been euth'd (IMO), get adopted by people who have NO IDEA what they are getting themselves into, and then they shuffle them back to the shelter, the cycle continues.

I've been so fortunate (so far) with Saydee.. but I'm also aware that she's not bombproof. So, I don't know. When I had my adoption interview and house check, the woman asked me, "Are you willing to work with this dog for LIFE to resolve any issues she may have? Will you go to the extreme to avoid bringing her back to the shelter?"

My answer for both questions was yes. :D
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members