Carlie

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » May 14th, 2007, 8:37 pm

Carlie, our Dachshund foster ( :D ) has deformed back legs. She also has asymetrical nipples although I won't post photos of it, they are arranged in a zig zag pattern on her abdomen.
Has anyone else seen this type thing???
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 14th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Poor girl - do they hurt her?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » May 14th, 2007, 8:47 pm

Not at all! She runs and plays and has no limp at all!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby randi81 » May 14th, 2007, 10:37 pm

On May 14 2007, 8:37 PM, msvette2u wrote:She also has asymetrical nipples

How many nipples are females supposed to have? Saydee has like, a billion. :|
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 14th, 2007, 10:45 pm

I think 4 sets. Carlie has them but they are zig zagged on her belly, they are not across from each other!! :? Not that it matters of course but I'm curious - if it has something to do with her funny legs too??
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » May 14th, 2007, 10:50 pm

I've mentioned it to a tech at work before and *I believe* the answer I got was that there wasn't really a set amount and they were often not symmetrical, I wondered if it varied by breed?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby randi81 » May 14th, 2007, 10:53 pm

Saydee has 6 sets. They are all symmetrical, I was just curious cuz I noticed she sure has a lot of ta-tas. :oops:
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » May 15th, 2007, 8:39 pm

Maggie is missing a nipple :|
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Jenn » May 15th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Is that the same sort of improper growth from lack of nutrition? Looks to me like she resembles in her back legs, what I've seen more often in front legs.. :|
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » May 15th, 2007, 9:58 pm

dachsies have pretty deformed legs anyway :| where does "normal" deformation end and abnormal start?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » May 16th, 2007, 9:19 am

On May 15 2007, Malli wrote:dachsies have pretty deformed legs anyway :| where does "normal" deformation end and abnormal start?

Yeah - I read that they were bred to be "dwarves" and their long bones close prematurely so that's why you get bending in the front. Bending in the back is a fault or DQ, I forget which. So I guess it can, or does happen...
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members