Lady Louise was PERFECTION in class!

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby SisMorphine » February 24th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Lady Louise, aka: Lou-Lou, had her first class last night. She's been described by many as a bull in a china shop. She is extremely high energy and will actually go THRU things that are in her way (as is apparent from the very broken baby gate). She also firmly believes that crates, counters, and tables were placed there for her to be on top of. Great, I thought, this is going to be chaos.

Well first of all she played VERY well during the meet and greet. She didn't obsess over anyone, wasn't overly pushy, and the trainer, training assistant, and I had a close eye on her at all times. She was very easily called away from play by a quick "Lou" and she's come running to me!

Now mind you I have only barely worked on sit with her because I have been having back issues and since she's a Mac Truck I can't control her all too well at the moment. Well she was sitting gorgeously every time she was asked. And then she stood whenever asked to stand. And then the trainer used her as a demo dog for how to train "wait" which we have definately never worked on before. She figured it would be good to show people that even a busy busy dog such as Lou can be taught to wait. Well Lou made it look as easy as pie!

She also made a few new friends in class, and we were all joking about her eating babies before she came to class so she wouldn't eat anyone there :D One couple told me that if they didn't already have a female dog they would take her in an instant. The husband was totally in love.

There was only one woman who was afraid of Lou-Lou. So next week before class starts I get to give my shpiel on pits and the media.

Next week will probably be our last week at class, though! She has some people coming to meet her tomorrow and if they fall in love she will be adopted next weekend. She is just such a great little girl, I can't imagine why they wouldn't fall in love.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » February 24th, 2006, 1:27 pm

bring your business cards! :D

YAY for Lou Lou!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » February 24th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Hey, that's great!
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 24th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Yay Lou Lou!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » February 24th, 2006, 1:44 pm

EXCELLENT job lou lou!!! (and you too!!)
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Hoyden » February 24th, 2006, 1:55 pm

I wanna see a picture of her in her new collar!!!

Does it help you with her?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » February 24th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Hoyden wrote:I wanna see a picture of her in her new collar!!!

Does it help you with her?

Yes it does help! It's much easier for me to grab ahold of her and she looks GORGEOUS in it.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow when her possible new family comes to meet her. I've been slacking in the picture department.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hoyden » February 24th, 2006, 2:29 pm

Send me pictures....
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Judy » February 24th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Good job, Sis!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Sue » February 24th, 2006, 8:50 pm

That's awesome!
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby luvmyangels » February 24th, 2006, 8:52 pm

Great job!!!