Well now they have names...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Jenn » May 8th, 2007, 1:00 pm

So, these dang cats have been hanging around the house for about a month. I swore one was prego, and didn't want ANYTHING to do with it. I guarded over Heath's food since he would let the one I thought was prego eat while he laid on the steps. If he didn't eat I would bring it back inside. I just refused to be the cat lady or feed anything else.

Then I had this psycho looking white cat that hung out on top of a building outside my kitchen window, and STARED at me constantly. It gave me the heebies, so I would squirt it with the water hose. (I know, I'm mean) :oops:

Well, they outlasted me and I gave in. :rolleyes2: The first pregnant one warmed up quite quickly, and I think is actually a boy instead of a preg. girl. Looks like he has some boys, but they don't look like Heath's so I just really didn't know for a while. Though I'm pretty sure now that he's a boy just not full grown or something. So, this is Max.
Almost near impossible to get a picture of because he's so dang lovable. He follows us around like a puppy, and is quite into whatever your doing. I thought I found his home, and got all excited but there cat was declawed and he is not.

Then we have psycho cat ~ now known as Sheba. She has taken a little work, but is now warming up to some pats on the head, and a little scratch here or there YET only on her terms of course. She is a very pretty cat, and I'm worried she may be pregnant yet I have no clue. She's extremely FAT too, but I don't know how to tell other than popping some kittens out, or knowing her before hand. I'm pretty sure she's a girl, unless it's been spayed.. Who knows. :| She definitely keeps the guys in line though, and they lay around until she's done eating. Otherwise they get a spat in the face if they forget. She can be quite the butt though the three of them exist quite peacefully otherwise. Heathcliff has chased her before but only twice when I was trying to pet her. Cats are weird. She clearly looks evil, yet she's beautiful too. It's her slanted eyes, they are really different than any other cat I've seen.

For FAT sake...

I'll throw one in of Heathcliff because he's such a freaking goober.
I told him to quit bringing friends home, but I don't think he quite understood.
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » May 8th, 2007, 1:49 pm

Cat lady
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » May 8th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Jenn
undecided

Postby msvette2u » May 8th, 2007, 3:03 pm

You had better be careful, word gets around ;)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » May 8th, 2007, 3:33 pm

I am NOT the cat lady/cat dump site, I will not be an old lady with 50 cats, no way, no how, nuh uh ain't gonna happen! :rant:
I can't for the life of me imagine where they came from? I made an ad ~ it said Are these your cats, because I really don't want to feed them, and I'll gladly bring them home. :D
The only response I got was from an old couple excited beyond belief, but like I said their cat was a she, and had her claws removed. Then I noticed what may have been some "boys" as well so he got a new name.

How long do cats ferment the little suckers in there? Is there a way to tell if the white one is pregnant or just fat?
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 8th, 2007, 3:45 pm

They're pretty!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » May 8th, 2007, 3:47 pm

I think cats have a secret society. You have just been inducted as their Leader.

Cat Lady! :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmypitties » May 9th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Cats are pregnant for about 65 days (anywhere between 60 and 69 days). And thanks for caring for them! They need someone to care for them!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » May 9th, 2007, 9:08 pm

Meow.

Cat Lady.

:cat:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » May 9th, 2007, 10:29 pm

I know Jenn said to keep these secret but I am just so proud of her I wanted to brag on her a bit, look at how well she's done with all those kitties:
I, for one, find it ADMIRABLE that she has taken on this project!
I mean, it's not easy when you have THIS many kitties but she's just really stepped up to the plate:

Even involves neighbors and friends...
Let's give Jenn (aka Cat Lady) a round of applause!!!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 9th, 2007, 10:58 pm

:cheer: Cat Lady!! :cheer:

Those pics are scary Vette!! The one with the cats on the cabinets reminds me of a lady who taught Amanda in daycare. She gave us a kitten & when we went to pick it up you could smell her house from the STREET! There were cats every where! On her stove while she was cooking, on the table amongst the place settings. EVERY WHERE! it was disgusting. AND the kitty was very sick.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 10th, 2007, 8:44 am

well, in my unprofessional opinion because i only play a crazy cat lady on television, is that white one either belongs to someone or she is ready to have babies. if she is a stray she is waaaaay too largish to not be pregnant. you cant touch her at all? they only way you are going to be able to tell is if she has them or you can get her to a rescue friendly vet and have them find out for you. it IS kitten season, damn it :(

i can tell by her face that she does want to love you. her slanty eyes like that when she looks at you? it usually means that she is content and open to affection. now, if she isnt spayed yet, that is why she will not let you touch her. unspayed females with unneutered males around are almost ALWAYS bitches. all males want to do is mate and they will do that every damn second they get. how would you feel if you have to beat off that many males all day and night? id be pissy too :D hormones surging, fighting off males, maybe feeling yucky because she is pregnant, not healthy, thats going to make her crabby. i bet with a little time and getting her spayed she would make a sweet girl. i can see it in her face.

the top picture of the tiger boy? did you say he was also a stray? i would be almost positive that he is a male, too. do you want some help trying to find a rescue vet that would treat ferals for you? then at least if they help pay to get them fixed you wont have BABY cats all over your yard too. also, my biggest fear would be that one of those cats may be infected with something contagious and give it to your kitty. he goes outside, right? (i LOVE his cute face, by the way!) the vet will have the strays tested when they get fixed. there are some scary diseases out there that they can pass to each other.

did you name any of them yet? :wink:
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby Jenn » May 10th, 2007, 5:19 pm

First things first ~ you bunch of butts! Yvette you bigger butt ~ I can't believe you shared that publically without consulting me. lmao

I can touch the white cat, but only on the head and only every few days when she says it's ok. I have to approach her, and she'll either run, or she'll sorta crouch down long enough to get a pat or two then she's gone again. That took a little over a week, can't imagine what she'd do if I picked her up. Maybe nothing? :| I've just become accustom to my eyeballs, ya know. Her eyes are always slanty like that, they aren't big and round like most cats. She always has those red eye booger looking things, I wish she'd wipe them off, they grate on my nerves.

All three cats pictured ARE strays that have wandered along at one time or another. The white with the black face has been there the longest, a year or so. He sorta comes and goes on his own terms unless he's sick. I didn't so much mind him since he was a boy, but now he's bringing home friends. He does make a strange sort of singing noise, but it's not an annoying howl or anything. I've never seen him try to hump her or anything either. I could easily take Max to a vet and have him fixed. He's a total love bug, so I don't for see issues with him. One step at a time though, I just now agreed to let them eat, and give them names. ;)
Jenn
undecided

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members