Raven's Birthday!

Postby satanscheerleader » May 4th, 2007, 12:29 am

Can you believe Raven is four!? Look what we did for her birthday!

A family had come and met my foster Alice way back to see if she was a match for their family. Unfortunatley, Alice was too snarky with their boy dog {who's a huge goober sucky smooshy adorable boy I just wanted to take home! lol} and they ended up adopting a sweet senior girl pit bull from the Vancouer pound. Anyhoo... they have ponies, a horse and goats and do pony rides for birthday parties and such so we went out and hung out with them for Raven's birthday. It was so cool. Daemon now wants a horse and/or to take riding lessons so we are going to look into it and see what's in our area. Maybe we will all do it together as Raven really liked it as well and it's been a childhood dream of mine to get to be around horses. I used to be obsessed with them as a kid and honestly think one reason I was first attracted to pit bulls was their short hair and muscles that were kinda "horse like" lol The goats were helarious. One of them bunted Raven in the chest and knocked her down. It didn't even phase her. lol After living in a housefull of pit bulls it was nothing new I guess. :| lol

I couldn't even get a good shot of the dogs because they spent all their time eating horse crap! lol Nyx would have LOVED it!
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 4th, 2007, 12:46 am

How very cool!! Happy Birthday Raven!!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Asta » May 4th, 2007, 3:50 am

Osh she is adorable, and your son is getting so big!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » May 4th, 2007, 6:15 am

Happy 4th Birthday to Raven!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » May 4th, 2007, 6:54 am

How sweet, Happy Birthday to little Taven...you hae to get her a pony now :D
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » May 4th, 2007, 7:17 am

Happy Birthday Raven!!!

Both of your kids are gorgeous, Zoe. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » May 4th, 2007, 7:55 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » May 4th, 2007, 11:19 am

I can't believe she is getting so big!!! She looks wonderful Zoe, her color looks great!!! And look at how BIG Daemon has gotten! :shock:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 4th, 2007, 11:33 am

:bday: What fun!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvmyangels » May 4th, 2007, 2:11 pm

:sun: Happy Birthday Raven!! :butterfly:
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Jeni » May 4th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Raven is sooooo cute! Looks like they both had a good time!

Happy Birthday Raven!
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » May 4th, 2007, 9:57 pm

Oh look at that precious baby! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!!

On a side note ~ your son's hair looks longer than mine! Maybe even healthier? lol
Jenn
undecided

Postby satanscheerleader » May 5th, 2007, 3:11 am

Isn't his hair crazy? It's so healthy an elastic won't even stay in it! He's going to be tripping over it soon! lol

They both seem like they have grown so much. Although, everytime I think Raven is actually growing, I meet some two year old that is way bigger than her! lol She's four and only thirty pounds. I can literally still hold her on my hip with one arm like you do to a little baby! :shock: I can't complain about her health though. She's been hospital free for eight months now. :D We loaded her up on all organic food the whole winter and avoided all the sick people! lol

We were invited back to visit the ponies and take some black and white shots of them. I can't wait. I'd love to move out to the boonies and get us some ponies and horses. :wink:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » May 7th, 2007, 4:16 pm

:clap: 8 months is awesome. Dang she is tiny, she looks small in the pictures, but wow. :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 9th, 2007, 6:48 pm

Cute! Happy late b-day :D
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » May 10th, 2007, 2:04 pm

looks like fun!

Wow, what a head of hair on your son! Does he get mistaken for a girl? I had very short hair until I was about 13 and everyone called me a boy. It used to make me SO mad!

Raven looks great! Organic food is wonderful, isn't it? Can she have milk?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby satanscheerleader » May 10th, 2007, 2:51 pm

I'm not exaggerating at all. EVERY TIME we leave the house, he is mistaken for a girl. lol He thinks it's funny. :| We were invited to go see Jeff Healey {he left a blurb on the Rockin For Raven sight as a supporter} and this girl around Daemon's age kinda hooked up with us and hung out, but she thought he was a girl. After she clued into the fact he was a boy, he said the way she interacted with him TOTALLY changed. I thought that was kind of neat that he was perceptive of that. An eye opener on the weird world of gender perception.

Raven can definitley have milk. She supposed to have a high fat, high protien, high salt diet. Everything everyone else likes but shouldn't have! lol Strangely, many of the suggestions on CF sites for food are crap. Lots of high fat/calorie but sugar laden. It's weird. It's like they push the calories but forget about the nutrients. :| I don't see the purpose of giving them empty calories and really, Raven will eat less if it's high fat. I just offer her really healthy food, as much as she will eat, whenever she wants it. She literally eats CONSTANTLY. My full time job is feeding her. :shock:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 10th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Do you have a source for whole raw milk? It did some amazing things for a couple of families in the co-op I was in, though of course, that is anicdotal. I can say that my personal experience was fantastic. No lactose intolerance was the biggest thing. I also found that when I stuck with organic meat, eggs and dairy that my Bi-polar-ness (or whatever) evened out a lot and I was able to focus much better as well.

Colostrum is supposed to have great health benefits, but I never tried it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby satanscheerleader » May 10th, 2007, 7:35 pm

I'm pretty sure I could get whole raw milk. I'll have to try it. Only reason I stopped with the homo milk once she was two, is that she seemed to like the skim better and actually drank more. I was kinda thinking along the lines of higher nutrient dose if she will drink more. Same with the yogurt. I was buying those minigo's but they are so full of sugar and crap although higher fat, and she would barely eat a whole one, but she'd chow down the lower fat organic yogurt I would buy. :| What would be the benefit of the whole raw milk as compared to the regular stuff. We do buy organic milk although skim. Damn... it's expensive. Double what they charge for regular milk. :shock:

I really try to give her as much organic meat as possible especially. I figure with all the antibiotics in regular meat, I don't want her building an intolerance to them as she takes prophylactic antibiotics fairly regularly.
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Return to Two Legged Family Members