Handsome Hank is available!! URGENT

Postby IMurSTAR » January 20th, 2006, 1:04 pm

Hank has now become (somewhat) URGENT.. Long story short this past weekend our next door neighbors threatened to call Animal Control if he was not removed. We've been keeping him out of eye sight and will continue to do so unless they actually call AC (I don't think they will but we'll see). We are looking for a foster home for him or someone to adopt him. He is great with kids, people and female dogs. No male dogs, no cats and NO FARMS..

More info can be found here:
http://forum.animalrescuecooperation.or ... 715.0.html

---------------------------------
Hank has been with us since Aug. 05. He's a great boy. Good with kids, good with females, but "acts" aggressive to male dogs and cats. I'm starting to think he's faking though.

Hank came to us by way of Kansas Pitbull Rescue. Hank was confiscated when his owner went to jail, his owner didn't bother picking him up when he got out and one day from Euth, my boyfriend and I decided to Foster him. He was neutered and a transport was put together for him to come from Kansas to my home in Arizona.

The first night was rough. Hank is male aggressive, he thinks all dogs at first are male and if they don't submit to him he will posture lunge and attempt to get ahold. We introduced him to our Dogo the first night, and really thought we where going to have to find a way to give him back as he was totally off the wall aggressive with her.

The next day I put them (my females) in the courtyard and let Hank in the rear yard. He would walk up to the courtyard gate posture, growl and snap, I really didn't know if I was going to be able to manage them. Then as I watched the oddest thing happened.. He started doing zoomies in front of the gate and acting a total fool.

That's him wooing at the girls. One at a time I took them each out on leashes and introduced them. They all played beautifully!

After the month probationary period to watch his temperment I put him up for adoption. Ok it was more like a 3 month probationary period, what can I tell you we love this guy!.

And so do our dogs:

Most of the time anyway.. Sometimes he's just a little ankle bitting, toy stealing shithead.

Hank is a gorgeous Brown and white Pitbull (American Stafforshire type - Short blockly). This boy is what a pitbull should be, well except maybe his large male dog aggression.. But we'll get to that. He's great with kids. Low drive. Likes the springpole but isn't obsessive. Likes to play ball, but he'll tire before you will. Has no food, treat, or toy aggression. I can't say enough good things about this boy. I'd call him bombproof but he does have a couple quirks.

First off and on the top of the list. He is Larger Male Aggressive. He will play with and has no problems with a smaller submissive male dog (as long as they ALWAYS SUBMIT to him). But he won't stand for a larger male, doesn't matter if they submit or not. He's got the nepolian complex. He still counter surfs from time to time, still working on that one. He can get mouthy when he's playing, NO! works great with this guy. He loves to lick, some people like this, I DO NOT! He will steal your childs stuffies/barbies/blankeys if left unattended and shread them. He's a digger!

His perfect home would be one with a 6ft fence reenforced at the bottom. Older children 8+, he can go to approved homes with younger children but they must be pitbull savey. NO MALE DOGS and NO CATS! This guy would love another female friend to play with, he LOVES to play. But if you can give him all your time and energy he'd love to be an only dog as well. I'd love for him to stay local but PBRC/Kansas Pitbull Rescue have the ultimate say on this guy as he is theirs, I'm just the foster.

Hank is currently located in Sierra Vista, Arizona but can be transported.

Information on Adopting this great guy and application can be found here:
http://www.kspitbullrescue.com/dogpages/hank.html
And
http://pbrc.net/dogpages/south/hoth17601.html

[center]ALL OUR DOGS ARE SPAYED OR NEUTERED PRIOR TO ADOPTION
All dogs are vaccinated and on heartworm prevention according to age
Adoption fee is minimum $150.00 or all shipping expenses if out of state
PBRC application, homecheck, references and contract are required.
[/center]
Last edited by IMurSTAR on February 8th, 2006, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby annieinpa » January 20th, 2006, 4:23 pm

He is a handsome boy!!! So are your other pitties.

Good Luck w/finding him his forever home.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » January 20th, 2006, 4:40 pm

I love Hank! I hope he finds his perfect forever home soon. :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby IMurSTAR » January 20th, 2006, 7:44 pm

annieinpa wrote:He is a handsome boy!!! So are your other pitties.

Good Luck w/finding him his forever home.

Hehehehe the big white one is a PB Dogo Argentino, and the Brindle is a Midget Boxer, also PB..

THANKS!!!..
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 20th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Awe so handsome! I hope he gets a wonderful home!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » January 20th, 2006, 8:46 pm

You did a fantastic job with his description! I hope he gets the home you/we all want him to have!
Purple
I live here

Postby IMurSTAR » January 23rd, 2006, 2:37 pm

Me too. He is really popular in Colorado (Longmont who helped me foster him also has him crossposted there). He gets sometimes 5 apps a week in on him in colorado. But everyone wants to see him first before they comit.. <sigh>
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 2:41 pm

What a handsome guy he is .. hope he finds a good forever home .. :love:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jesseca » January 23rd, 2006, 2:41 pm

I love Hank and would take him in a heartbeat if I could
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 2:50 pm

they want to see him first before they committ?? what as in look at his coloring??? or meeting him to bring him home possibly?? not for nothing, but your bio of him is perfect. you have had him over 3 months now, you know him, his quirks, good and bad, and did a great bio on him.. and people want to see him first before committing?? i think those people need their heads examined.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby IMurSTAR » January 25th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Unfortunetly the bio they see is the generic one that's on Kansas Pitbull Rescue:

http://www.kspitbullrescue.com/dogpages/hank.html

Which doesn't really tell his story.

But thank you Maryellen that means alot to me!
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby turtle » January 27th, 2006, 1:33 am

Awww, Hank's so handsome! I'm really surprised he's still with you. But the right home will come along for him.
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby IMurSTAR » January 27th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Honestly it looks like he's found it. The only pitbulls in our area are "those kind". So I won't be adopting him out here. And with noone wanting to travel to see him, or have him travel to them I don't see him adopted out in the forseeable future.. Which is fine with us he's a good little space heater. Thought I'm sure the girls are getting tired of his ankle biting antics hehehehe. And I think my daughter will grow out of barbies before he grows out of eating them :rolleyes2:.. hehehehe
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby panda » January 27th, 2006, 8:09 pm

I've always thought Hank is such a handsome boy! I'm glad he has you working for him. Is he on Petfinder with the wonderful bio you posted here?

He is really a doll.
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby IMurSTAR » February 1st, 2006, 8:26 pm

No I unfortunetly don't have a Petfinder page (no 501c3) I did have him courtesy listed with a rescue one town over but they couldn't add all the extra pics. Pitties just aren't adoptable around here. Damn local AC has everyone scared. If it has "bull" in it's name somewhere it's automatically labeled as not good with kids, cats, or other dogs. So all the other rescues follow suit.. Pretty sad really.
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby IMurSTAR » February 8th, 2006, 4:09 pm

Hank has now become (somewhat) URGENT.. Long story short this past weekend our next door neighbors threatened to call Animal Control if he was not removed. We've been keeping him out of eye sight and will continue to do so unless they actually call AC (I don't think they will but we'll see). We are looking for a foster home for him or someone to adopt him. He is great with kids, people and female dogs. No male dogs, no cats and NO FARMS..

More info can be found here:
http://forum.animalrescuecooperation.or ... 715.0.html
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby Jesseca » February 15th, 2006, 1:09 pm

Any news with Hank? Is anything getting better or anyone interested in him yet? He is such a doll
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby IMurSTAR » February 24th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Nothing new. I don't want to send him to Colorado, because he'll have to be kenneled till he is adopted and though I know he's resiliant I don't want him to have to go through that, he's a good boy.

We'd had been keeping him in the side yard where our neighbor couldn't see him but that ended about 4 days after the insident when he went through our window. Luckily there was no glass in the window, just styrafoam (the window has an AC unit in it, he went between the unit and the window jam). Rather than Try to figure out how to seal him out I just put him back with the girls. The neighbors haven't said anything, and I called AC to give them a heads up anyway.

We also removed the other goat, but My horse will be on the property in another month or so, so I really need to find him a home before then. I doubt he'd hurt the horse but if he ever got out there he might run her through a fence. I have my fingers crossed. We'll see. I think I'm going to start avertion training on him. :| I don't know what else to do. If anyone knows anyone looking for a little hunky man in my area let me know.
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby Jesseca » February 24th, 2006, 3:43 pm

Of course I will keep my ears and eyes open.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby IMurSTAR » March 8th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Hank is doing very well. He actually played with the male 4 month old dane puppy I'm temp fostering, supervised of course. I still think he's faking, he won't be going to any homes with other males but it's nice to know he's not off the wall male dog aggressive.
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Rescue