Chicken-Licken

Postby a-bull » April 30th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Who didn't see this one coming . . .

At this time, the investigation indicates that approximately 30 broiler poultry farms and eight breeder poultry farms in Indiana received contaminated feed in early February and fed it to poultry within days of receiving it. All of the broilers believed to have been fed contaminated product have since been processed. The breeders that were fed the contaminated product are under voluntary hold by the flock owners.

(from the FDA's website)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 30th, 2007, 9:12 pm

I am worried because my dogs could be screwed anyway, I feed chicken & pork. But then, I am as well because we eat the same meat. But, they have been eating turkey for over a month now. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » April 30th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Really, this is just getting more absurd as more stories are uncovered.

Is anything safe for anyone's consumption?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » April 30th, 2007, 10:22 pm

You could raise your own poultry. Well maybe not, depending on where you live. But we're going to start.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » April 30th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Ummmm yeah just after I pigged on the best chicken I've ever grilled, and was feeling smart as heck for getting two 10 lb bags for $2.90 each. Figures....
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » May 1st, 2007, 12:36 am

On April 30 2007, 8:22 PM, msvette2u wrote:You could raise your own poultry. Well maybe not, depending on where you live. But we're going to start.

I wish I could Vette but they would run me out of town with flaiming torches.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » May 1st, 2007, 9:43 am

Well and even if you raise your own poultry, the issue was with the chicken feed. I guess maybe if you raise your own feed, too . . . :|
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Return to Pet Food Recall