It's that time again...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » April 16th, 2007, 8:40 pm

Help me guess the breed!
He's about 4-5mos. and maybe 15-18lbs.

Profile/head shot
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » April 16th, 2007, 9:05 pm

It's a crap shoot with me....

Collie? German Shep? :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » April 16th, 2007, 9:21 pm

Those were the lines I was thinking of too (Sheltie/corgi)
I thought GSD but he seems to tiny to be one of those...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » April 16th, 2007, 9:37 pm

I just take guesses by coloring and markings. That is why I said German Shep. As for the collie ~ I see fluffy and soft. :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 16th, 2007, 9:52 pm

He's cute!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » April 16th, 2007, 9:55 pm

I see collie in the bug eyes :lol3: and the about to be upright ears, and the fine fluffy coat...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » April 17th, 2007, 9:19 am

Maybe some Sheltie in there?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby msvette2u » April 17th, 2007, 10:21 am

Yay! I listed him as Corgi/sheltie but he could be Sheltie GSD too. Just my kinda dog!!! And no we're not keeping him. lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » April 17th, 2007, 11:31 am

On April 17 2007, msvette2u wrote:And no we're not keeping him. lol

Well, of course not. You have Moses! Why would you look any further? :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » April 17th, 2007, 11:36 am

Haha, you're right!!
I DID have one app. on Moses - a 65 yr. old lady who said she could "sneak" him into her apartment :shock:

um, no...I don't think so...although a 65yr. old woman might be a good owner for him!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2007, 3:19 pm

he's CUTE!!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TinaMartin » April 17th, 2007, 4:22 pm

On April 17 2007, 9:21 AM, msvette2u wrote:Yay! I listed him as Corgi/sheltie but he could be Sheltie GSD too. Just my kinda dog!!! And no we're not keeping him. lol
I was going to say GSD/Sheltie as well. Looks the size and general head of a Sheltie but GSD colors on the sides in sort of a hazy way
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby msvette2u » April 17th, 2007, 4:51 pm

This dog has horrible teeth. I've never seen anything like it although I've heard of it. The vet had to extract one today, I tried and could not get it out, so he went in this AM.
He's going on Thu. for a neuter and I told her she could "have at it" then, he's got more than need pulled, many where they have come in have not knocked out the baby teeth so he'll have 2 sets in some places :shock:
Poor guy. His tooth today that she pulled was GROSS, and smelly!
Just a baby tooth that was partially out and caught food and what else in there!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 19th, 2007, 11:31 pm

BTW, I found out this AM that this puppy's head is not symmetrical at ALL :shock: I was feeling his skull, as it has always looked a bit odd, I can't manage to show it well in the photos, but when the vet checked it, she agreed, and his left eye is further towards his nose than his right!!
It's very odd, but he doesn't seem to be, well, for lack of a better term, mentally retarded or deficient in any way. Maybe a bit shy but that's common with many puppies who've not been socialized well.
Anyway, just thought it was noteworthy, and probably the cause of his horrible teeth situation!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » April 20th, 2007, 7:15 am

Poor puppy! What's his backstory? Another yard drop-off? :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » April 20th, 2007, 10:12 am

I agree he looks Sheltie-ish. A friend own a Beagle/Sheltie mix, and other than her being super tiny, and having a black body they look a lot alike in the face area at least.
Jenn
undecided

Postby msvette2u » April 20th, 2007, 10:22 am

He was picked up as stray in the next town up from us, and brought to this shelter because her shelter up there has parvo!?? They don't even disinfect I don't think.
There's another pup in there and I didn't take it - another group is supposed to help it, I think. It's solid gold or yellow and other than the size, doesn't look related AT ALL - and it's head is fine!??

In this pic if you look closely his eyes aren't symmetrical, one sits further "out" than the other, and the size of his mouth/jaw looks off too.

msvette2u
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members