Arlington, TX Pit Bull Whisper Day at the Park April 15

AZ, NM, OK, TX

Postby cheekymunkee » March 24th, 2007, 12:44 pm

http://www.lsspbc.com/events.html

Lone Star State Pit Bull Club has a special event planned - don't
miss it! Bring your friends who have American Pit Bull Terriers or
even those with an interest in the breed.

The flyer may be viewed and printed at:
http://www.lsspbc.com/events.html
or
http://www.lsspbc.com/files/April15_flyer.pdf

We are calling the event "Pit Bull Whisperer Day" because we all want to have a better relationship with our dogs. As we know, this is a high-energy, and -dare we say- stubborn, breed. Wouldn't it be nice to channel that energy and intelligence into something that will make the dog (and owner) happy and content?

Our theme is "A Tired Pit Bull is a Happy Pit Bull." So, we are setting up information stations and short demonstrations on a variety of subjects such as obedience, weight-pulling, conformation showing and more. ecause the number one problem facing our breed is dogs running at large, we will bring examples of both correct and incorrect equipment for exercising and confining APBTs.

All well-socialized dogs are welcome to attend. Please use a four-foot or shorter leash, and it's a good idea to bring your crate.

It's also a day for fun and fellowship, so if you like bring a covered dish.

We will sell raffle tickets to defray the costs of the event, but admission to the event is FREE. *We need raffle prizes for our raffle!* We are inviting vendors who sell APBT-safe toys, collars, treats, etc. If you are a vendor and cannot attend personally, if you would like to mail a raffle prize and some cards we will be sure to get your name out there.

If anyone has any questions, would like to donate raffle items, or would like to vend, please PM me. ADBA does not currently offer competitions other than weight pull and conformation, so if you have an obedience club, agility club, or any other sport in which APBTs participate you are WELCOME to have a table. Please PM me ASAP.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible!
-Laura
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby 04100824 » April 2nd, 2007, 11:52 am

How cool!
You see... I'm like a giant gerbil...
Confident Young Bully

Postby birgit » April 11th, 2007, 12:08 am

Debby,
Thank you so much for posting the flyer. I hope I will meet some of your at the Park.

Birgit
Team Ali
MARK9, Search & Rescue
Dallas, Texas
birgit
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 16th, 2007, 11:27 am

How did it go? I wish I could have attended but I am sick.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby birgit » April 16th, 2007, 10:32 pm

On April 16 2007, 10:27 AM, cheekymunkee wrote:How did it go? I wish I could have attended but I am sick.

We had a good outcome. Lots of dogs. Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News came. Gary Hammonds talked about Dog Safety, we had a Weight Bull Station and Obedience. Lots of rescue dogs came, I wish I could take one home. But I have already to many dogs. I think everything went very well. I had a great time.

Birgit
Team Ali
MARK9, Search & Rescue
Dallas, Texas
birgit
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2007, 2:40 pm

I'm glad it was a success!! You guys do a great job!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby PandaBear » April 30th, 2007, 11:51 am

I wish I would have joined this group sooner, I would have loved to attend! I would like to get Andi involved in more local events and outings. She just loves to make new friends!
PandaBear
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 30th, 2007, 2:45 pm

On April 30 2007, 9:51 AM, PandaBear wrote:I wish I would have joined this group sooner, I would have loved to attend! I would like to get Andi involved in more local events and outings. She just loves to make new friends!

Lone Star Pit bull CLub has meeting pretty regularly. I haven't been a member in quite a while & need to rejoin. The meetings are a bit of a drive for me though.

http://www.lsspbc.com/index.html

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby PandaBear » April 30th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Thank you Cheeky!
PandaBear
Confident Young Bully

Return to South West