I Talked to a PUPPY MILL!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » April 7th, 2007, 2:15 pm

Long story, but this kiddo is in our rescue:

He was purchased by a woman, from a petstore - she says he "barks too much" (Uh YEAH that's typical of the breed!!) and has scratched a few kids by jumping up on them. Those were the reasons given other than he's dominant and her American Eskimo (interestingly came from the same breeder in Kansas) fought with the little guy.
I had major questions because the paperwork indicated he was neutered-what puppy miller NEUTERS before the sale!? So I called the breeder/puppy miller, she said he must have had an inguinal hernia because her records (cough) state he's altered.
Anyway - she had the nerve to question why he was in RESCUE, and when I told her he barked too much, she asked about the new owner. I was so pissed, and wanted to tell her that it was none of her smurfing business but I didn't...I was decent...
But onwards and upwards. Now that I have confirmation I can stop worrying and adopt him out. We were going to see about a testosterone level (I remember Red's neutered boy who had surgery to remove non existent "undescended" testicles!!) but now I guess we're in the clear.
Isn't he cute?
At another point in my life I'd have considered keeping him but now isn't a good time at all and we have a home lined up for him already, they were waiting on the news about his alter.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » April 7th, 2007, 2:36 pm

Damn barking dogs. He probably chewed loudly, also.

Glad he is with you. :greenWave: Very cute!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » April 7th, 2007, 2:51 pm

On April 07 2007, iluvk9 wrote:Damn barking dogs. He probably chewed loudly, also.

He seriously plays all day and barely makes a peep. Libby talks enough for all our dogs anyway ;)
lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mistee06 » April 8th, 2007, 12:51 am

you have a weiner doggie too?!?!!?! Are you like the billion dogs lady?!?! j/k
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 8th, 2007, 12:53 am

On April 07 2007, mistee06 wrote:you have a weiner doggie too?!?!!?! Are you like the billion dogs lady?!?! j/k

Yep they are all rescues, too. :) We have a GSD, a sheltie/Aussie mix, Veronica, Copper the dachshund and a deaf Mini Aussie/double merle, Lambie!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mistee06 » April 8th, 2007, 12:59 am

my boss has a weiner....although he's 9, she got him from a breeder way back when....she lovesss the weenies...His name is Parker but I call him "the fun police" or "Mr.Weenie" from Open Season LOL, he looks like your girl.
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 8th, 2007, 1:01 am

Copper is a boy. He's 9 as well. His people died and the daughter(in law?) took Copper but she had a toddler and he snapped at the kid, who pulled his ear :(
So it was off to the dog pound and I happened to be there when she walked in. I thought I had an adopter for Copper (someone wanting a small dog) so I took him with me - that all fell through and we had another dog!! We've had him 3 years...we love him to pieces :)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » April 8th, 2007, 9:59 am

On April 07 2007, 1:36 PM, iluvk9 wrote:Damn barking dogs. He probably chewed loudly, also.

It always amazes me when people complain that their dogs bark. If you don't want a barking dog, get a cat!!!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby msvette2u » April 8th, 2007, 10:44 am

I know it. Then another gal wanted Mars, asked "Is he barky"? I get so angry about that question. If a dog barks uncontrollably it's usually the owners fault. I told her that any dog, if bored, will bark!
She said her sister had a collie and the collie barked "at nothing" would stand there at the fence and bark "at nothing". I said the best thing you can do then, is bring the dog inside when it's barking "at nothing".
Turns out the sister works all day and leaves the dog outside.
I'm like. OK - so you see the problem, right!??
:x
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 10th, 2007, 2:33 pm

What a PRETTY dog!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mistee06 » April 12th, 2007, 2:37 am

I think a cats "howl" or bird watching "EHheEHHH"sound is WAYYY worse then barking dogs....

I would wayyy rather sit in the dog room and hear the 13 dogs bark basically in sync then go in the cat room and hear them all meow one after another constantly...
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » April 12th, 2007, 8:40 am

what an absolutely georgous little dog...I would take him in a heartbeat if you were local, Thorne needs a boyfriend
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby TinaMartin » April 15th, 2007, 5:49 pm

You know how pesky it can be after all how dare the dog want some attention or play a game or crunch to loud or lick the children or look at you side ways or smile or breath or............ I mean for crying out loud aren't you suppose to just expect they to entertain themselves with air! This is why people with a lack of brains should not own dogs or cats or anything living for that matter
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members