Pudgie Update, and Puppy Angus

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2007, 2:01 pm

Well it's been really busy here. Last night, the GSD Roca got adopted! Yay!
And the Poodle/Border collie (BorderCoodle??) got adopted yesterday.
And Pudgie leaves today!!
Here's a pic of her, being her natural Princess self, on the big bed we got a few nights ago at Costco. All 9lbs. of her chunky self, laying right in the middle of the bed - perfect!!

And the Labrador puppy, Angus, we're not sure if it's an allergy or "just" intolerance but we "loaned" him to a family friend of ours over the weekend, she fed him freaking Iams puppy (not the canned, the kibble) what her own Pug pup eats and he got violently ill, she thought he had parvo!
But when we got him back, we subcued him, he WAS very dehydrated, weak and just worn out. She said he'd had diarrhea most the day Saturday and then threw up Sat. evening and Sunday AM. We got him back around 1pm Sunday (too long, I know!) She said he'd kept drinking water, though, which probably exacerbated the vomiting, anyway...
We also gave him Kaopectate when he got here, and even some flagyl just in case it was something odd like giardia - but he never had diarrhea since he got back until yesterday when we mixed in some Maxximum puppy, it has CORN in it.
Well his backend exploded, and you could see the grains or flecks of corn in the poo - it was yellow like it did not digest at all. So no more corn dog food for him at all. We put him on Kirkland puppy and he's been fine today. Kirkland is chicken/rice, no corn!
It was really odd yesterday, he'd eaten that other puppy food for breakfast and I was out photographing him a few hours later and he seemed bloated, well he just started crying, his poor tummy hurt - he then went and it shot out his back end! He was better then and I realized it was the corn that was doing it to him. Before that, he ate just rice with turkey mixed in, a homemade concoction and we were going to gradually add the puppy kibble until he ate it again.

He's so adorable. And the gal who babysat him raised Labs years ago and figured he's a purebred, for sure!

msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » March 28th, 2007, 2:31 pm

Poor little dude. :(

Congrats on all the adoptions!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Thank you! And our one wild girl, Venus, leaves tomorrow. Mars isn't listed yet. Due to their undersocialization, working with them was more imperative...but she's ready, we feel, for a new home :)
I know, isn't that something about Angus? I have never seen a reaction so violent.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 28th, 2007, 3:36 pm

Pudge looks like she is daring someone to come on HER bed! Congrats on the new homes!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » March 28th, 2007, 4:09 pm

OMG! My poor ANGUS!!!! Give him a big kiss for me. :kiss2: Right on his lips, please. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2007, 6:54 pm

But of course! Where else do you kiss a dog!? ;)
lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Anyone remember Charlie!?
He came from the Prosser shelter, a year ago in January! His people came to get Tess/Pudge. They are wonderful people and she fits right in with their 6 other dogs!

Here's their Chihuahua Daisy!

And the Pudge--

Bye-bye Pudgie. We love you :)
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/247248
(She'll be posted here soon!)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 28th, 2007, 7:43 pm

That is too cool that they like the oldies. :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2007, 7:45 pm

Isn't it? They are the nicest people ever. :)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jeni » March 28th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Pudge is very cute on that big bed. Yay for all of the adoptions!!
Poor poor pup!!
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 28th, 2007, 10:30 pm

I like how she is sticking her tongue out....

very cute
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2007, 10:44 pm

On March 28 2007, mnp13 wrote:I like how she is sticking her tongue out....

very cute

Oh she did that before but after the dental, when they removed 12 teeth :shock: it really started doing it!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mistee06 » March 30th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Pudge is the best name ever LOL

I'm putting that on my shelter list for the next overweight unnamed dog we get...

one the teeth pulling note, we had a 14 year old poodle come in and he had ALL but one canine tooth pulled :) And we got to take them back to the shelter. it was GROSSSS!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members