Hunter is now at peace

Postby msvette2u » March 23rd, 2007, 10:56 pm

It's a very long story and one that I find very sad and won't go into really other than to say that the bottom line is that Hunter, our oldest GSD (now 7) was never what you could call a "sound" dog, but he was never what I'd have considered a danger, either.
This afternoon that all changed, when he tried to bite me, protecting his beloved "stuffies".
RIP Hunter - you can have ALL the stuffies you want at the Bridge, and nobody will ever take them from you. There's no thunder there, either.
We loved you very much, the dog you used to be before the demons in your head took over. Now it just hurts :cry:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2007, 11:45 pm

Oh Vette, I am so sorry. Run free Hunter. :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » March 24th, 2007, 12:20 am

Thank you - had it been his heart, or his liver, kidneys, anything but his mind, it would have been so much easier...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » March 24th, 2007, 6:45 am

Oh man.... I'm so sorry. :(
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » March 24th, 2007, 8:09 am

:hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 24th, 2007, 8:09 am

Oh Vette.... :hug3: ... RIP Hunter
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » March 24th, 2007, 8:20 am

My sincere sympathy to you and your family. I have never been put in the position you were in and hope I never am. It is so hard to do what you "know is the best choice".

Sorry.... :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » March 24th, 2007, 10:54 am

RIP Hunter
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jeni » March 24th, 2007, 11:34 am

Be free Hunter

Sorry for your loss Vette
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » March 24th, 2007, 11:41 am

Thanks - in a way it's like we lost him quite a while ago. I knew yesterday he'd not been "here" for quite some time.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby randi81 » March 24th, 2007, 12:24 pm

awwe I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug3: RIP Hunter!!
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Malli » March 25th, 2007, 2:42 am

you did your best for him. Some of us, furry and otherwise are not meant for a long stay on earth.
I can imagine how frustrating the situation must have been, my family dog was finally euthanized at 16 because dementia began to take over and he wasn't the same dog he had been, the world became a scary place, and its nice that we can free them of that fear and let them be at peace.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » March 25th, 2007, 8:21 am

I am so sorry :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby chandraquilts » April 1st, 2007, 8:45 pm

My deepest sympathies.
chandraquilts
Just Whelped

Return to Our Departed Friends