Tobbey

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby blayzeingsun » March 21st, 2007, 5:59 pm

So my cat Tobbey goes on this "expeditions" he has done this twice where he goes out overnight and doesn't come home until the next evening. So the last time he does this he comes home and he is literally dragging his tail behind him. So hubby and I get him on the "operating table" and start feeling around he has a big mat of bloody fur so we call a friend who is a vet tech and she says it's probably not broken probably a cat fight to shave it and clean it etc.. and keep watch. so we do that we shave our cats tail. Turns out there are about 5 puncture wounds cat tooth sized mind you and it is nasty. (infected icky smelly blah blah blah) so we clean it up scrub it up put on some oitnment and let him be. Next day i come to work and look it up on the net and find out that if it is broken i should take him in right away that to wait is bad. So i call the vet take him in she drains what has now become an abcess on his tail and gives us meds. Anyway long story she says if it's not better by saturday (3 days away) bring him back we're going to have to amputate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saturday it wasn't better after all of our scrubbing and antibiotics so my poor little kitty got his tail amputated. We are now calling him Stubby Tobbey. lol anyway it's healing well at this point and still on antibiotics River really wanted to help the process along of the cleaning before and after it was amputated :shower: sick...anywy all this over a cat bite!!!! Cat's mouths are nasty!!! Remember that lol
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 21st, 2007, 7:39 pm

Red's husband was in the hospital for several days due to a cat bite! CATS ARE EVIL!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2007, 9:11 pm

Pictures???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvmypitties » March 22nd, 2007, 10:45 am

Poor Tobbey! My cat who does the same thing, goes outside for a bit and comes in either later that day or the next morning, came home with puncture wounds on his side and a nasty gash on his stomach. He had to be taken in for some sutures for the gash in his stomach and the punctures healed fine. Those evil cats even have evil mouths, goes to show you how truely evil they are!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 22nd, 2007, 1:44 pm

Poor guy. Bet he didn't learn his lesson though, and goes back for more. ;)

Heathcliff has shown up with more than his fair share of cuts, missing patches, and scratches. I let him heal on his own for the most part, though I have squirted him with the brownish red stuff. Betadine :? (I think it's called) He always seems to go back for more though.
Jenn
undecided

Postby blayzeingsun » March 22nd, 2007, 2:22 pm

I did get pictures of the before i took one and after so i will bring those tomorrow but here's the before..forgive me it's a camera phone.
His tail is swollen about 2x maybe more it's normal size and you can't see the punctures to well this is after we shaved him! lol. More pictures to follow. Image
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members