i really hate housework

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Maryellen » February 20th, 2006, 5:38 pm

i hate it.. passionately... i really need a cleaning person to come in just because i hate it.. plus my house is not too small, so its more to clean, dust, etc.... i just spent this entire day off cleaning the house, doing laundry,dishes, vaccuming, all housework crap....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » February 20th, 2006, 5:48 pm

I with ya on that, baby! :clothes:
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 20th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Me too. My biggest complaint is it is not me making the mess! It's cat hair, cat litter, dishes, dust, dirt from the dogs, stuff the dogs tear up. I have yet to do all the houswework I was going to do this weekend. By the time I talked myself into vacuuming my brother had gone to bed (who in their right mind goes to be at 7 pm???). I don't care who it wakes up tonight, I am vacuming!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » February 20th, 2006, 5:55 pm

I hate housework, but I loooooove to vacuum! :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » February 20th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Part of this years financial goal is to hire someone to clean do dishes and laundry.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » February 20th, 2006, 7:05 pm

You guys are weird.

It isn't that hard, and if you schedule your time right, it's no biggie.

I straighten up my living room, load the dishwasher, clean the kitchen counters, and master bathroom areas every morning at around 5am when I get up.

When I get home, I pick up the mess my wife and kids made in the living room, kids room, play room, and dining room. Cook Dinner. Take Weda for a Bike Ride. Work Out in the Garage. Take a Bath. Go to sleep.

That's the daily routine, with extras thrown in when they are needed (laundry, etc.)

On Saturday I get up around 6 or 7, do all of the above, and take care of any miscellaneous items outside. Gardening, Car Cleaning, etc.

I'm done on Saturday by noon at the latest, and still have the rest of my weekend to have fun. I do a mini-clean Sunday Night as well.

It seems like a lot, but it's actually easy. It's more about structure and planning.

The only part of house cleaning that I dislike, is cleaning pots and pans. I make a lot of rich food, and high heat cooking, so it's usually a task to clean them.

And hell yeah vacuuming is fun. I love my KIRBY!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Hoyden » February 20th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Big_Ant wrote:You guys are weird.

It isn't that hard, and if you schedule your time right, it's no biggie.

I straighten up my living room, load the dishwasher, clean the kitchen counters, and master bathroom areas every morning at around 5am when I get up.

When I get home, I pick up the mess my wife and kids made in the living room, kids room, play room, and dining room. Cook Dinner. Take Weda for a Bike Ride. Work Out in the Garage. Take a Bath. Go to sleep.

That's the daily routine, with extras thrown in when they are needed (laundry, etc.)

On Saturday I get up around 6 or 7, do all of the above, and take care of any miscellaneous items outside. Gardening, Car Cleaning, etc.

I'm done on Saturday by noon at the latest, and still have the rest of my weekend to have fun. I do a mini-clean Sunday Night as well.

It seems like a lot, but it's actually easy. It's more about structure and planning.

The only part of house cleaning that I dislike, is cleaning pots and pans. I make a lot of rich food, and high heat cooking, so it's usually a task to clean them.

And hell yeah vacuuming is fun. I love my KIRBY!

- Anthony

You and my husband sound alike.

I was that way before I got so darn sick. I was seriously OCD about making sure everything was in it's home and I would literally go ballistic when things weren't were they belonged.

Now - I do what I can and be content that my house is mostly clean and everyone is healthy and happy.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Maryellen » February 20th, 2006, 8:01 pm

can i hire you anthony??? i have been running back and forth to the hospital as my dad is having heart surgery tomorrow, so i havent had time to clean the house or do laundry or anything.. jamie usually helps out sometimes,mostly when company comes over, but he is on towing and has been very busy.. i usually have a schedule, but it got thrown out the window this past week with my dad being sick..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Violet » February 20th, 2006, 8:10 pm

omg..I have been on a rampage around here all weekend over housework. With five kids and all the critters.my house is virtually impossible to keep up with. And my kids are lazy, no good, mess making leeches. *sighs* I spend every day, while they are at school..picking up dirty clothes that i did not see before they left for school. I do my darndest to keep my entry, living and dining room clean since those are what guests see. We don't even want to talk about the yard :rolleyes2: and I am NOT talking about what the dogs do. Plus I have a hgue porch that the kids view as another rom to store their crap in..

I don't mind so much doing housework..but it just seems so futile.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 20th, 2006, 8:17 pm

have you tried the garbage trick violet? when my stepkids come over they always keep their rooms neat now, as when they were younger i actually threw away their clothes and shoes that were on the floor.. i told them a million times to clean up, they didnt, so i grabbed a hefty bag and tossed all their clothes and shoes on the floor into the bag and took it to the garbage. they never got the clothes back, and from that point on they keep their rooms and the house clean when they are here....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Violet » February 20th, 2006, 8:24 pm

been there done that. I have become a total biotch around here..throwing EVERYTHING away..won't buy them a darn thing..and they dont even notice whats missing. :| Ah well..my youngest is nearly 9..10 more years.

My kids got really lazy during the year I was working outside the house..when I got home I was often too tired to make them do what they should..and I let alot go. Now I am having to make up for it.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 20th, 2006, 8:31 pm

mnp13 wrote:I hate housework, but I loooooove to vacuum! :D

Well DUH!!! You have no carpet!! Cheater. I just vacumed most of the house. If I stay at it I can get my house clean in a little over an hour, I just have no energy or desire to do it anymore. Now I take my time & don't kill myself doing it. I used to be suuuch a neat freak but that all went out the window when my brother moved in. Cleaning up after one's self is a total foreign concept to him.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » February 20th, 2006, 8:33 pm

i only have 5 carpets in the house too, and i still hate vaccumming.... at least the dogs dont mind the vaccum, they actually wont move while i am vaccuming and i have to yell at them to move...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 20th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Munkee tries to kill it & Justice is terrified of it. 90% of my house is carpeted and I have a bagless vacuum. The things that come out of that cannister disgust and disturb me.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » February 20th, 2006, 8:39 pm

thats why i pulled up most of the rugs.. the bedrooms have new rugs that were put in 4 years ago, and the tv room rug is very thin, and the dirt i would get from the dyson was soooo gross.... now i swiffer / white vinegar the hardwood floors and vaccum the bedrooms...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » February 20th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Maryellen wrote:i only have 5 carpets in the house too, and i still hate vaccumming.... at least the dogs dont mind the vaccum, they actually wont move while i am vaccuming and i have to yell at them to move...

...Dexter will bark at me until I vaccum him......
Purple
I live here

Postby annieinpa » February 20th, 2006, 10:10 pm

I love cleaning. I'm actually thinking of starting my own cleaning business.

Plus it's great exercise too.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » February 20th, 2006, 10:14 pm

annieinpa wrote:I love cleaning. I'm actually thinking of starting my own cleaning business.

Plus it's great exercise too.

Please move closer to me :wink:
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » February 20th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Violet wrote:omg..I have been on a rampage around here all weekend over housework. With five kids and all the critters.my house is virtually impossible to keep up with. And my kids are lazy, no good, mess making leeches. *sighs* I spend every day, while they are at school..picking up dirty clothes that i did not see before they left for school. I do my darndest to keep my entry, living and dining room clean since those are what guests see. We don't even want to talk about the yard :rolleyes2: and I am NOT talking about what the dogs do. Plus I have a hgue porch that the kids view as another rom to store their crap in..

I don't mind so much doing housework..but it just seems so futile.

I am known for creative punishment :twisted:

My oldest daughter's room was worse than the very pits of hell - so I invited her friends over. When they asked to stay the night, I told them they couldn't because I wasn't sure that they would survive the night with the vermin that inhabited Autumn's room crawling around.

And as they were leaving - the roll off dumpster arrived. :fastRoll: I had it parked under her bedroom window and started throwing things out the open window into the dumpster. Her room has stayed pretty clean for the last three years.

Then again - if she really pushes me - she'll find herself scrubbing the tile & grout with a toothbrush and softscrub. The tile reaches four feet up the bathroom wall.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » February 20th, 2006, 11:02 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
mnp13 wrote:I hate housework, but I loooooove to vacuum! :D

Well DUH!!! You have no carpet!!

carpets or not, I don't sweep. I vacuum.

I loooooooove my vacuum! :D (though the novelty is starting to wear off...)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Off-Topic