Just a pup I fell in love with, and other random...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » March 13th, 2007, 1:40 pm

While using this older computer, I started looking through the pic files.
I found this:
I don't know even what breed she was but suspected possibly some pit bull. She was tiny though! She was sick and in the (big) shelter, we brought her home and gave her antibiotics and she improved but not enough, we sent her up to be spayed along with the other group that was going, to WSU. Figured if something was really wrong they'd take care of it. I never saw her after that :( She was a great puppy - very intelligent!
I keep it in my mind that she was adopted by one of the vet students, they did often do that.

Here is Corey, one of the 1st dogs I impounded from the shelter. He was a feral, and I managed to trap his poor starving self, and we fostered him for 8 mos. before giving him to a trainer in the Seattle area who trained him and adopted him out.

My dad's dog, Mr. Wiggens - he had him less than a year before he succombed to poor health. I had been fostering that dog, he came in a walking fur mat and I trimmed and cleaned for hours before getting him looking decent and smelling tolerable. When he could SEE again, he didn't like my dogs so I asked Dad to come get him. In the 24hrs. he was with Dad, before "adoption day" at PetsMart, Dad fell in love with him!

Yaeger as a big overgrown puppy, when we first got him:
He was barely tolerable and I thought we were going to have to bring him back to the shelter, every other day! :shock: Miracle of miracles, he's still with us ;)

A litter of part American Eskimo and part town Romeo dog that we fostered.

Sick puppy-Justice, a dog that went with a group of dogs to be spayed, she came home with an infection. We treated her and gave her subcu fluids until she got better, and adopted her out ourselves. This was before I got the job as ACO for Prosser.

One the only "pit type" dogs I ever adopted out of the shelter. Who could say "no" to that face!???

Alec, a purebred Rough collie who we rescued from the (big) shelter, he was so underweight and matted, we eventually shaved him completely down. He now lives a pampered life in the Seattle area!

That's it for now. I have more, but I won't torment you with them yet :)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 13th, 2007, 2:07 pm

They are all soo adorable!! You have helped a lot of dogs & peopel find each other Vette. Thanks!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » March 15th, 2007, 11:38 am

Again, I love the big dogs ~ That GSD is a cutie.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members