Wrigley met his match.......

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Miakoda » March 10th, 2007, 1:11 am

A little background info on Wrigley: he's a Shar Pei/Cane Corso mix & weighs in around 95lbs (he's on the very lean side due to bad hips).

So a neighbor that lives at the end of our street came down to talk to me about Whiskey. He knows Whiskey's story & knows that he's available for adoption to the right home. Well, this couple has a rescue Great Dane & a Chihuahua. The Dane gets along great with other dogs, but he & the Chi don't get along due to the gross size difference. You see, this Dane tips the scales at 198 lbs. No lie........we put him on our doggie scale today. :shock: (he is on the overweight side though :wink: ) Anyways, he walked Boudreaux down to my house to see if we could start introducing him & Whiskey to see how they would get along. (of course they would be separated when no one is there to supervise & all that stuff). Well, I was out talking with some other neighbors & I had Wrigley on a leash. I swear, this was the most hilarious "meet-n-greet" I've ever seen. Wrigley has never seen a dog bigger than him & for the first time I saw him unsure of what that "thing" was that was sniffing his butt. Wrigley was hilarious!

Here's some pictures of today:

And here is one with my next door neighbor's 2 1/2 yr old son. He wasn't scared of the dog, he had just got slobbered by the dog & he hates it when dogs lick him :D

And the GREAT news is that Boudreaux & Whiskey hit it off immediately. They played together (both on leashes in the front yard) for about an hour with neither getting testy with the other. In fact, Boudreaux came down to Whiskey's level by lying on the ground & playing that way. I didn't get any pictures of them because the disk was full, but I'll get some at the next play date we have scheduled. And if all goes well, they will bring Whiskey into their home for a week or so to see how he does.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 10th, 2007, 7:52 am

WOW! :shock: I cannot imagine TWO Trumans! That dog is gorgeous.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 10th, 2007, 9:57 am

I would definitely love to see more pictures!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » March 10th, 2007, 12:51 pm

:shock: Jeebus that is a big dog!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » March 11th, 2007, 11:05 am

Wally is usually the tallest dog around too, so it's always funny when we meet up with a Dane. Wally's pride gets VERY hurt. LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmypitties » March 11th, 2007, 11:26 am

Awwww he reminds me of my rescued dane... same color! He is so cute! And biiiiig!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Purple » March 11th, 2007, 2:43 pm

My sister had a GD, there were always slobber stains on the ceiling, it drove my sister nuts!
They're big dogs!
Purple
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » March 11th, 2007, 7:25 pm

Is Mia going crazy, or is it just me???

I could swear that she's switching back and forth between the name Whiskey and Wrigley!?!?!

I thought Wrigley was the English Bulldog she owns?

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 11th, 2007, 7:28 pm

On March 11 2007, Big_Ant wrote:Is Mia going crazy, or is it just me???

(I think she drinks.)
:martini:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Purple » March 11th, 2007, 7:40 pm

Wrigley is the dog in the first pic, that shar pei looking guy.

Eddie was her English bulldog (I think!)
Purple
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » March 11th, 2007, 7:42 pm

On 03/11/2007 3:40 PM, Purple wrote:Wrigley is the dog in the first pic, that shar pei looking guy.

Eddie was her English bulldog (I think!)

Yup, that's right.

BUT! Who's Whiskey? Or was she just getting ahead of herself and thinking of what she had planned for the night? LMAO
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Purple » March 11th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Whiskey is a blue dog, a pit bull, I can't remember the story.

I think she had a EBG by the name of Chipper, too!!

Hey, Mia, where are you??!! lol
Purple
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » March 11th, 2007, 9:00 pm

What a beautiful Great Dane. I hope everything goes well and Wrigley goes to his new home soon.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Miakoda » March 11th, 2007, 11:03 pm

LOL.

First, I drank my first alcoholic beverage I've had, since before Cole was born, yesterday. And it was mmm mmm good. :D

Second, Fast Eddie was our EB that is now deceased. Chipper is our OEB. Wrigley is the Shar Pei/Cane Corso mix in the above picture. And Whiskey is our blue brindle pit bull that's a Hurricane Katrina rescue. :wink:
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 12th, 2007, 8:31 am

On March 11 2007, Miakoda wrote:First, I drank my first alcoholic beverage I've had, since before Cole was born, yesterday. And it was mmm mmm good. :D

Once again, I call em' as I see em'. :bananaDance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members