Hi from Pacific Beach CA

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Dee of PB » March 11th, 2007, 6:21 pm

Hi all.... my name is Denise, Dee for short. I go by both.

I have a 3 yr old female American Staffie. She is blue and her name is Plata. She was a rescue dog that was pretty badly beaten up by another female pit while she was pregnant. A friend of mine is a Vet Tech that works with Itsthepits.org and she took her in while she had her pups (11). Once everyone was weaned and Plata was healed from her wounds she came to live with me. We have been together 3 months now and what a joy she is. She is so mellow, ignores my 2 indoor cats and has never snapped at anyone. She was diagnosed with a stage mild heart murmur but it doesn't look like it will progress.

We do have some manner issues to work on. But once she knows she can completely trust me then we are going to the trainer.

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and like what I see so here I am. :greenWave:
Dee of PB
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » March 11th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Well, hello Dee! :greenWave: We are glad you joined the forum instead of just admiring us from afar! :)

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » March 11th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Welcome to the forum! Is this your first AmStaff? What got you into the breed?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » March 11th, 2007, 7:10 pm

:greenWave: Welcome!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Dee of PB » March 11th, 2007, 7:27 pm

On March 11 2007, 2:51 PM, Marinepits wrote:Welcome to the forum! Is this your first AmStaff? What got you into the breed?

This is my first AmStaff. I got interested through a few friends that have Pit Bull type dogs. I always loved to go to their house and spend time with the dogs. My bf would hang out with the humans and I'd play tug a war with the AmStaff and huge Pit Bull Terrier. The person that suggested i take Plata knew how much I loved my Friends dogs. So I did some reading on the breed and decided to go ahead with the adoption. I fostered her for the first month to be sure it would work. In the past I have had a Lab and a Dobie that have since passed on.

Pictures of her on this myspace site. Her name was Fifi at the rescue group but I gave her back her original name she had for 3 years.

http://www.myspace.com/itsthepits
Last edited by Dee of PB on March 11th, 2007, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dee of PB
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » March 11th, 2007, 7:32 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby satanscheerleader » March 11th, 2007, 8:24 pm

Hi! :greenWave: I sent you a myspace add from the Bully Buddies page! :D
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmypitties » March 12th, 2007, 12:16 am

Hi and welcome! I hope everything goes wonderful with Plata and going to the trainers! thank you so much for adopting!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 12th, 2007, 1:26 am

:wave: Hello and welcome, glad you decided to join!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » March 12th, 2007, 9:18 am

Hello and welcome :greenWave: Thanks for taking Plata in! She sure sounds like she hit the jackpot being taken in by you after some rough times :)

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby randi81 » March 12th, 2007, 4:23 pm

welcome!!!!!!! :greenWave:
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Dee of PB » March 12th, 2007, 9:57 pm

On March 11 2007, 9:16 PM, luvmypitties wrote:Hi and welcome! I hope everything goes wonderful with Plata and going to the trainers! thank you so much for adopting!

OOPS!! That's not my "myspace" link. It belongs to It's the Pits. Thats the rescue group that i adopted my Plata from. She in the pics on the left. The sad looking Blue with all her babies in the background. But I'm sure when Nicole goes to the site she will add you. Once I get some pics loaded in mine I will make it part of my profile here.
Dee of PB
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 14th, 2007, 6:54 pm

Welcome to the forum! It is a great place to hang around with bully breed owners
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » March 14th, 2007, 9:31 pm

On March 14 2007, Patch O' Pits wrote: It is a great place to hang around with bully breed owners

*ahem* and the occasional Lab owner
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Dee of PB » March 14th, 2007, 11:32 pm

On March 14 2007, 6:31 PM, iluvk9 wrote:
On March 14 2007, Patch O' Pits wrote: It is a great place to hang around with bully breed owners

*ahem* and the occasional Lab owner

That's okay... I used to own black lab. :)
Dee of PB
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » March 15th, 2007, 7:58 am

On March 14 2007, Dee of PB wrote:
That's okay... I used to own black lab. :)

If you have any photos, please post: http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=9818 :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 17th, 2007, 7:53 am

Sorry I'm late, but welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Introductions