anyone want to sell a used WP harness?

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby babyreba » March 5th, 2007, 5:34 pm

Does anyone have an old weight pull harness they might want to sell fairly inexpensively, to fit a 60 pound dog, 20 inches at the shoulder?

I'm thinking of entering Doc in a fun pull in spring, just to see if he'll do it, and I don't want to invest in a really nice harness till I know whether he'll even do the work. Though I suspect he'll at least give it a shot.

If you've got anything we could use to find out whether he's a puller, please PM me.

Erin
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby AllAmericanPUP » March 11th, 2007, 12:06 pm

if you dont find a cheap harness, they might have harnesses you can use at the pull
i went to a fun show last year with Eli and i didnt plan on doing weight pull but they told me to do it because they had harnesses you could use...Eli wouldnt pull but it was still fun to try
just a thought :|
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby mnp13 » March 11th, 2007, 2:15 pm

On March 11 2007, 11:06, AllAmericanPUP wrote:if you dont find a cheap harness, they might have harnesses you can use at the pull
i went to a fun show last year with Eli and i didnt plan on doing weight pull but they told me to do it because they had harnesses you could use...Eli wouldnt pull but it was still fun to try
just a thought :|

I was just about to say the same thing!

I would just go and try it. The people at the pulls I have been to have all been more than willing to help new people.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby babyreba » March 11th, 2007, 9:13 pm

well that's good to know! thanks for the info, you guys. if i managed to get him to pull, or just show enough interest, i'd totally buy him a harness. but i hate to waste $60+ if he just isn't into it!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 11th, 2007, 9:55 pm

The one I have to WAY too big for him, otherwise I'd let you borrow it for a bit (I have a feeling he'd be tripping over it the whole time!).
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 11th, 2007, 10:06 pm

novice pulls also may let you break the rules and bait your dog or keep it on leash to see if the dog is interested.

I tried with Ruby, and you should have seen the look she gave me!!! It was quite clear that she felt that if I wanted that cart pulled forward I better put the harness on and move it myself. I'm sure I could train her for it if I put my mind to it though.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » March 28th, 2007, 1:10 pm

If you find your dog likes to pull I found a great place to get a custom harness at a very reasonable price and she guarantees it will fit. The name of the place is CD pits and it is where I am getting mine from :)
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Marketplace