More Wild Things

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Jenn » February 26th, 2007, 5:39 pm

I finally was quiet enough to get some pictures of a possum last night, lol. I think it's a cute little thing, despite the tail. :|

Talk ABOUT some ugly toes!!

Jenn
undecided

Postby Big_Ant » February 26th, 2007, 5:43 pm

You are a nut for even going near that thing!!!

When I was growing up, if you seen one, you'd run like hell until you were in the house.

The only person allowed to go near them was a "Certified BB gun owner"!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Jenn » February 26th, 2007, 5:45 pm

:| They aren't dangerous?
Jenn
undecided

Postby Big_Ant » February 26th, 2007, 5:47 pm

On 02/26/2007 1:45 PM, Jenn wrote::| They aren't dangerous?

Yeah, sure, go ahead and investigate one of those SOBs around where I grew up and you'd probably lose a limb!

And they don't die. The only way you knew for sure is if someone cut it's head off!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2007, 5:47 pm

They can't really move fast enough to hurt you & they are blind as a bat. I'd run from a racoon before I would run from an opposum
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2007, 5:49 pm

On February 26 2007, 3:47 PM, Big_Ant wrote:

Yeah, sure, go ahead and investigate one of those SOBs around where I grew up and you'd probably lose a limb!

And they don't die. The only way you knew for sure is if someone cut it's head off!!!

- Anthony

That's chupacabra silly!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » February 26th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Me too!
Ant ~ seriously I wouldn't grab it by the head, or do anything violent. I'm sure it would bite to defend itself, but most of the time they just play dead. I've caught them eating with Heathcliff, and they've never hurt him. I checked up on them, and all in all they are very docile. Don't be scared! ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby Big_Ant » February 26th, 2007, 6:02 pm

On 02/26/2007 1:49 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:That's chupacabra silly!!

haha, when we watched the Lopez event the other night the wife was asking me if I was going to tell the kids about La Llorona, I told her, "No, of course not", with a grin!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2007, 6:03 pm

Sounds like a great bed time story to me!!! Along with, " there was a lady who drowned her kids". hahahahahahaah!!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » February 26th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Sadly, the only ones I have seen are dead on the side of the road.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » February 26th, 2007, 8:35 pm

:shock: He looks like he's about to jump onto your face/camera!

I'd only worry about a racoon if it was cornered, we have tons around here, but you hardly ever see them, because they don't want you to. For a dog, on the other hand, a racoon can be deadly.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2007, 10:09 pm

I think he's adorable. Especially his tail :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 27th, 2007, 12:21 am

On February 26 2007, 4:43 PM, iluvk9 wrote:Sadly, the only ones I have seen are dead on the side of the road.

that's because they move slow & are blind as a bat. :wink:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby randi81 » February 27th, 2007, 12:45 am

On February 26 2007, 4:47 PM, Big_Ant wrote:

- Anthony

ewwwwwwwwwww they are so GROSS!!!! + they sure DO die! when i was little, i found one in a yard across the street, + my lil friends + i picked it up, put it in my neighbors mailbox, + ran. hahah. i was 10 + lived in the country... :|
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 27th, 2007, 1:48 am

Randi - that is disgusting!

The toes are weird.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby randi81 » February 27th, 2007, 12:36 pm

On February 27 2007, 12:48 AM, mnp13 wrote:Randi - that is disgusting!

i know. i was a strange kid..... who grew to be even MORE strange as an adult. :P
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Jenn » February 27th, 2007, 12:38 pm

On Monday, 26 February 2007, 9:09 PM, SisMorphine wrote:I think he's adorable. Especially his tail :)

Well we almost agree! ;) Other than the toes, and the tail ~ I think their little faces, and ears are adorable! They eat all sorts of bugs, and everything else although this one was munching on some left over cat food ~ so I truly don't mind them hanging around.
Jenn
undecided

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members