New foster puppy

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » February 23rd, 2007, 11:29 pm

We think he has rickets :(
And he was covered in filth with a light coating of motor oil, his ears were gunky inside and he is underweight, he had FLEAS too!!
We'll see what the vet says about his legs. I think I'll give him goats milk over the weekend. Poor kiddo!
At least we have him now...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby randi81 » February 24th, 2007, 1:04 am

awwwwwwwwwe he's so precious!!! good luck!
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 24th, 2007, 8:45 am

Oh, he's handsome! Thanks for taking him in. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » February 24th, 2007, 10:22 am

He is so cute. He was that malnourished at such a young age that he has rickets?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 24th, 2007, 11:13 am

He is cute - almost looks like one of those "purebred" puggles.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » February 24th, 2007, 1:42 pm

On February 24 2007, pitbullmamaliz wrote:He is cute - almost looks like one of those "purebred" puggles.

Oh I had not thought of that.
Yes he seems pretty underweight. The condition he was in - it took TWO shampooings with soap and 1 with flea meds to get him clean!! It wouldn't surprise me if that's what I'm looking at. It's tough to see it well in the pics but his right leg in particular is bowed.
If he was a Puggle type he might be that way?
His legal hold time is not even up :oops: but I could not stand to see him there in the shelter, and Steve offered to send him home with me, I am glad, in retrospect, that I did. No puppy should live as filthy and flea bitten as he was...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » February 24th, 2007, 1:51 pm

On February 24 2007, iluvk9 wrote:He is so cute. He was that malnourished at such a young age that he has rickets?

If he was fed only people food and not the right kinds I think he could. People in this area tend to feed table scraps to their dogs. He's about 10-12 weeks so he'd have had 5-7 weeks to be off mom's milk (if they let him nurse THAT long) and mom might have been malnourished too...I will take him to the vet 1st thing Monday and have them check, maybe there's a supplement he can take. We've got him on a good quality puppy food, so maybe that'll help...

msvette2u
I live here

Postby a-bull » February 24th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Vette~My male had rickets (diagnosed at 9 weeks), and good nutrition and youth does wonders.

His legs do look a little severe, however, so maybe there is an underlying congenital deformity?? :|

Part Golden? Maybe a Cocker mix?? He's sweet looking. :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 24th, 2007, 4:44 pm

he's adorable whatever he is!! I hope his legs will be ok
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » February 24th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Sure could be. Hard to say. Now if he came from a top of the line HOME however I'd be more inclined to think that. But I think it's lack of nutrition. Thanks - I am going to give him some goat milk, it has Vit. D in it.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » February 24th, 2007, 8:51 pm

He is cute!!! i hope he turns out to be ok and nothing serious!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members