BRAG...

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby brooksybrooks1 » February 22nd, 2007, 3:16 pm

we have been working hard on teaching tre the sent bark and hold and last night he did it right for the first time, twice! he then proceeded to carry the sleeve all around the whole building to make sure everyone saw it! we had been doing sends with the decoy standing up in a restaurant booth so that when he ran up the sleeve wasn't right under his nose and then he would have to jump up real high to get it. it helped him set his bites better and then after we did that he would do his bark and holds on level ground. very exciting developments! i'll post pics of him in the booth as soon as i get them-hooray!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 22nd, 2007, 4:24 pm

Good boy Tre!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmypitties » February 23rd, 2007, 1:13 am

congrats!! Good job tre!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 23rd, 2007, 7:02 pm

I hope Tre got a steak dinner! :D
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » February 24th, 2007, 12:01 am

WooHoo!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby brooksybrooks1 » February 24th, 2007, 11:54 pm

so we've been able to repeat the success and i can say with confidence that he is really starting to get the whole "you have to be obedient and fired up at the same time" thing. turns out the longer of a send it is, the better he does, more time to think about it i guess! but when he's being sent from far away he'll run at full speed and start barking and running at the same time when he's about half way there, and then he'll come right up into it, probably too close, with his chin rested right on the sleeve. it's cool to watch them learn and progress, figure out their own style!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Return to Sports