New Pepper pics

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » February 20th, 2007, 12:15 pm

She is really seriously a sweet dog...check out these pics from last night.

msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » February 20th, 2007, 12:31 pm

my bet is definately some english mastiff in there...

she has that pouty face :) Very cute! I bet she misses her people :(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » February 20th, 2007, 12:40 pm

On February 20 2007, Malli wrote: I bet she misses her people :(

Maybe some, but I'm surprised at how quickly she's settling in. I guess that must be a trait or something, she's just like 'OK this is fine, too' but she doesn't like to be in the crate.
She's so freaking huge I'm afraid one of our dogs might piss her off and she'll eat them in one bite.
The pics do NOT do her justice. Her head is huge and muscluar. In fact, I think she's a tad underweight, well how could she not be, eating Western Family (generic!) dog food!? I'm interested to see her weight tomorrow when she has her surgery...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » February 20th, 2007, 1:10 pm

She is beautiful!!! I have had 2 english mastiffs come in on rescue and both looked so tiny in their pictures so I can imagine how big your girl must be!!! Hope all is well with her surgery, they tend to take it a bit harder than most dogs because of size. Had the same problem with the Dane too.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » February 20th, 2007, 1:16 pm

On February 20 2007, luvmypitties wrote:She is beautiful!!! I have had 2 english mastiffs come in on rescue and both looked so tiny in their pictures so I can imagine how big your girl must be!!! Hope all is well with her surgery, they tend to take it a bit harder than most dogs because of size. Had the same problem with the Dane too.

Do you mean that they hurt more afterward? Or is there complications after? Or during??
She's tolerating the crate well, so that's good, she can hang out in it instead of outside. We purchased a new XL dog house for her last night at Petsmart, since she's too big for almost all the ones we have. But I kind of like her in the house, she was lonesome outside.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » February 20th, 2007, 1:28 pm

It takes them longer to come out of the the sedatives and they seem to be in pain a bit longer than the smaller dogs. Lucky its not a male!!!! My female mastiff had trouble walking right for a few days after, she was real wobbly but otherwise ok. We kept her on pain meds a bit longer than normal and strict bed rest!!! The surgery itself went fine on all 3 of my large breeds (I was there for all my dogs and cats spay and neuter surgeries) but from what I know they are like any other dog in the surgery sense, just easie to find everything because the space is so big and so are the organs!!

She will be fine just ask for more pain meds, and you guys might have to help her walk for a bit after surgery and make sure she is very calm!!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 20th, 2007, 3:28 pm

She is beautiful!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members