RUFUS WON WESTMINSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby luvmyangels » February 15th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Thanks for the website. That puppy is so beautiful!!!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Purple » February 15th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Here's a link to check out the individual breed judging.....(videos!)

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/20 ... ml#terrier
Purple
I live here

Postby BullyVW » February 15th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Now...how many more years until one of those beautiful Amstaffs gets a chance?
Yay Rufus!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pocketpit » February 15th, 2006, 11:24 pm

I've always admired Bull Terriers but after living with our current foster dog.......
I can't imagine what would happen if they become overly popular. Yikes!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » February 16th, 2006, 7:34 am

pocketpit wrote:I've always admired Bull Terriers but after living with our current foster dog.......
I can't imagine what would happen if they become overly popular. Yikes!

You're fostering an EBT, aren't you? Post a picture!
Purple
I live here

Postby pocketpit » February 16th, 2006, 11:36 pm

I'll put a couple up in the gallery. :mrgreen:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » February 17th, 2006, 10:59 am

B.T.'s are not for the faint of heart. They're wicked smart, strong minded little toughies that are usually built like a rock.

http://www.btca.com/Cooke%20Content%20P ... 20INFO.htm
a-bull
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 17th, 2006, 2:49 pm

BT's are pit bulls with funny heads. :|

I don't think I would treat one any different then I would a APBT/Amstaff.

Rufus is the best looking BT I have ever seen. :shock:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby a-bull » February 17th, 2006, 3:02 pm

They're much less eager to please than APBT's---more easily bored, I've found, very strong, and they're prone to neurosis, lol---real "thinkers"---almost coniving. I adore them. My Am Staff/Catahoula can't hold a candle to my APBT/BT, (because of her BT nature), when it comes to strength.

Fun breed! :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby Purple » February 17th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Oh, yeah fun breed.....Dexter is stubborn, and as a-bull pointed out, a real thinker.....his newest...he will not go into his kennel without out a 'cookie' bribe. He will stand outside his kennel and look at the cookie box, and will not budge his tank ass until you flip one into his kennel. He is definately not a pit bull, personality-wise. We think Purple has BT in her, and the two of them are like two peas in a pod...one will distract you, the other will steal something. and Hopscotch tries to get whatever it is back to protect it......
Purple
I live here

Postby a-bull » February 17th, 2006, 9:33 pm

I knew you'd understand what I was talking about. :)

Sophie really isn't like most pitties I've met either, but she is very much like the Bull Terriers I've met. I know a trainer who after training his first Bull Terrier went out and bought one for himself because he couldn't believe what a challenge they were. :off:

I didn't think I was going to survive her first two years . . . and neither did you with Dexter, huh?? :laugh1:
a-bull
I live here

Postby Purple » February 17th, 2006, 10:02 pm

Dexter's trainer... it's also his first bull terrier, and he, too, is going to get one as well. He fell in love with Dexter. Last summer, it was so hot, and we were about 15 minutes into the session. Dexter lays down, and refuses to get up...he literally told us all to go pack doggy sand, it's hot, and he doesn't want to do anything......his trainer thought it was the funniest thing, and never ever had a dog do that to him...(have you read my last post in the bully-olympics thread....Dex's trainer is been very busy!)
Purple
I live here

Postby a-bull » February 17th, 2006, 10:06 pm

Bull Terriers . . . gotta luv 'em . . .

I'll check it out . . .
a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 17th, 2006, 10:27 pm

a-bull wrote:They're much less eager to please than APBT's---more easily bored, I've found, very strong, and they're prone to neurosis, lol---real "thinkers"---almost coniving. I adore them. My Am Staff/Catahoula can't hold a candle to my APBT/BT, (because of her BT nature), when it comes to strength.

Fun breed! :)

It almost sounds like you're describing a Greyhound. Or at least Wally.

Maybe that's why I'm so drawn to BTs . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 17th, 2006, 11:14 pm

Dexter lays down, and refuses to get up.

That's Justice!! SHE would be the one to decide when class was over! When she got hot she would just lay down. Brats
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pocketpit » February 19th, 2006, 4:16 pm

They're much less eager to please than APBT's

Ain't that the truth. Truthfully I was prepared for the activity level, the animal aggression issues, the silly sense of humor, and I thought I was prepared for the stubborness. I thought wrong.
It is unbelievable how stubborn Martini is. When her mind is made up about something you can't convince her otherwise. She insists on doing certain things even though she knows from experience that she'll get into trouble for them. She simply doesn't care. Many times she doesn't even let on that she knows she's being corrected. You literally could hit her with a two by four and I'll bet she'd barely flinch.
We have used the e-collar on her in the initial time we got her and that seemed to work the best. We had it set on the lowest correction level and she responded beautifully. Of course she wouldn't let on that she felt it, merely acted like it was her idea to get off the coffee table when you told her to! :lol3:
Does raising them properly from puppyhood make any difference in that department?
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » February 20th, 2006, 7:08 pm

Oh I so hear ya. I never used an e-collar on my girl, but I'll tell ya, I think someone else did, and I'm not sure I blame them, lol If you pick up a t.v. remote she stresses and slinks away. Seems to be one of the only things that grabs her attention, (well, next to the vac, that is).

They're stubborn and beyond. When I was talking to the shelter about the girl I have now, they put it best~"She's alot of dog!!" :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby Purple » February 20th, 2006, 9:07 pm

the vac...now that's another story fro Dxter....he loooves to be vaccumed!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 21st, 2006, 8:39 am

I guess my assumption was wrong about BT's! :ROFL2:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby a-bull » February 21st, 2006, 8:21 pm

They're naughty but fun, and like APBT's, not really a dog for just anyone~like a Lab or a Golden would work for a large range of people . . . but not a B.T.

I think you should get one. :)
a-bull
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk