The Incredibull Bull-ympics - 2006

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Hoyden » January 22nd, 2006, 11:44 pm

BullyVW wrote:Ralph says he'll run a kissing booth for charity.... $1 per lick!

Petey says he can be in the Kissing Booth too. His daddy said we could go!!

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Maryellen » January 24th, 2006, 9:58 am

ok, i am going to need help for the CGC Test, i cant do it all myself, the testing, having people fill out the forms, collecting the money, and needing a crowd of 3 people...

sooooo, if anyone wants to help me out. PLEASE DO... i need someone to hand out the forms for people to fill out, and collect the money from them before they take the test.. its really simple, give them a form and a pen, once they complete and sign the form get it back with the fee and give me the form.. when i need a crowd of 3, including myself, just be able to stand in a somewhat circle for the handler and dog to go around.. Volunteers please let me know if you can help.. i will be doing the CGC testing from probably 11-4 on saturday, and sunday from like 10am to 1pm..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 25th, 2006, 8:15 pm

excellent, the more cgc evaluators that are there the more dogs that can go thru and take the test.. each dog takes 5-10 minutes for each test, so i doubt people will want to get held up with only one tester there...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » January 25th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Lisa informed us of a CGC "team" that she will be using. All the other evaluators will be working with their system and people from what I understand. :shrug:

Also, I beleive the CGC/TDI will only be on Saturday. Sunday will be the TT. :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 26th, 2006, 9:18 am

ok, just let me know if i am going to be doing the testing so i bring the paperwork. if not then i can leave the paperwork stuff at home and enjoy the weekend there
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » January 26th, 2006, 9:26 am

I'll find out from Lisa!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Pitcrew » January 28th, 2006, 11:30 pm

Actually Charles I liked the idea of a kissing contest! I think it would be best to be a fun spur of the moment thing though. Like a few other of the ideas we had, trick contest, look alike... etc. Stuff you can sign up for that day and have a few timeslots for tryouts and have a kiss-off (lol) at the end of the day. 8)
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pitcrew » February 4th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Great MaryEllen!
I have a 'team' of testers (4 of them) who will supply everything and take care of appointments for pre-registration, do all paperwork, and really have a nice organized system down. You can just be the 2nd tester so that we can do twice as many dogs in less time. That way, everyone has more time to enjoy things.
Please contact me and I will give you Kathy's # so you can talk to them and feel comfortable working with them. I dont think you will need to suply anything. And with their help we will need less vollunteers (at least for this), probably just a few crowd people.
That leaves the help we need for everything else!

Wow! Its really cool to see how many of you are really interested in our event... I cant wait to meet you all! :D
And thank you for vollunteering. We will need alot of help, but it should run fairly smoothly and be alot of fun!
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » February 16th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Dexter's trainer is also interested in participating.....this is his latest e-mail to me....he's been a very busy guy!!!

I am doing my business full time. I have a lot of out-of-state training contracts. I am also working with the FAA/TSA doing some contract research with scent detection in K-9s to locate stow-a-ways in cargo containers. I was in Atlantic City all of last week at the FAA Technical Center working on that.
Once it goes to the field, I will be traveling around the country to various
airports to compare how the scenting ability is affected by temperature,
wind, humidity, etc. I have also had a lot of private lessons. Needless to
say, I have been busy....
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 17th, 2006, 12:05 pm

I hope he is able to come! Please send him a link to this forum as well!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » February 17th, 2006, 7:52 pm

mnp13 wrote:I hope he is able to come! Please send him a link to this forum as well!

I did!! And he would like to come and do a demonstration or something educational at the olympics!
Purple
I live here

Postby Pitcrew » February 19th, 2006, 11:14 pm

Yes! We would love to see a demo. Have him contact us so we can schedule him.
Great stuff. He has bullies?
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » February 20th, 2006, 9:52 am

Lisa wrote:Yes! We would love to see a demo. Have him contact us so we can schedule him.
Great stuff. He has bullies?

He works with Malinois....but since meeting and training Dexter, my EBT, he will be getting one of them in the fututre!!
Purple
I live here

Postby ccc2006 » March 4th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Will there be any treadmill races? I saw one last year at the event held by Independence APBT I think. That was pretty cool. They had a good number of dogs participating. They also had other fun stuff like best brindle, etc.
It was stinking hot that day though! Woowee!
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BullyVW » March 4th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Anne Marie...were you at the show in Pottstown, PA? We were there too and saw treadmill races.
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 4th, 2006, 4:18 pm

I really don't know anyone with a treadmill made for a dog. :|

We will be doing a 50 yard dash for the fastest dog though!

With a 50 yard race all dogs can compete. Not all dogs run on a mill. Although I am trying to teach mine!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby ccc2006 » March 4th, 2006, 5:12 pm

BullyVW wrote:Anne Marie...were you at the show in Pottstown, PA? We were there too and saw treadmill races.

It was up near Rt. 100 somewhere, possibly Pottstown now that I think of it. In a park - I'm trying to remember the exact location. I definately know that Independence APBT Club was part of hosting it, if not completely.
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ccc2006 » March 4th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Romanwild wrote:I really don't know anyone with a treadmill made for a dog. :|

We will be doing a 50 yard dash for the fastest dog though!

With a 50 yard race all dogs can compete. Not all dogs run on a mill. Although I am trying to teach mine!

Fastest dog sounds fun to watch! How are you going to do that? I mean - is it enclosed area?
Yeah, I don't know anyone with a treadmill either. It was a wooden slat one. What was neat was the fact that when the dogs would run on it, you could really hear the athleticism of each dog and you could tell that they really enjoyed it,and it was nice to see the owners and dogs bond together. It was just different from the usual stuff you see at shows, like the weight pulls and all.
No biggie, I was just wondering about it and trying to offer some ideas to help. I definately will be attending as I have family up there - not sure if I'll bring any dogs though.
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » March 4th, 2006, 5:45 pm

I'm actually running the fastest dog event. It will be a snow fencing corridor with a 'laser' timer at each end so the time will be exact. You can have someone hold your dog at one end and 'pump them up' or put them in a sit/down while you go to the other end. You can use anything you want as bait to get them to you as fast as you can.

Two runs per dog.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ccc2006 » March 4th, 2006, 6:38 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'm actually running the fastest dog event. It will be a snow fencing corridor with a 'laser' timer at each end so the time will be exact. You can have someone hold your dog at one end and 'pump them up' or put them in a sit/down while you go to the other end. You can use anything you want as bait to get them to you as fast as you can.

Two runs per dog.

Wow! Something my dogs can actually do! Put a small furry thing in there and my dog will run like lightning! Bait Cat! Just kidding people! :D
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

PreviousNext

Return to North East