Hi...I'm new here...:)

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Goldi » February 17th, 2006, 7:48 pm

Hello,my name is Goldi and I live in Maryland. I have four dogs that came from rescue situations, all of them are of APBT heritage. Sam (6 years old) we have had since he was 5 weeks. Brie (almost 5 years old) was thrown out of a moving car, luckily my daughter in law was behind the car that did it and picked her up...and brought her to us. She was about 10 mos. old at the time, unspayed with a bad bladder infection. Then there is Kaya, who I found on Petfinder, she was at an animal shelter. Our fourth "child" is Mya..she is going through the terrible two's right now, and we have had her since she was 5 mos. old. A friend of mine who ran a rescue in PA needed someone to foster her. I agreed to...and you guessed it, Mya is a foster failure! LOL

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will. I know that a lot of people think that multiple pit bull homes are not a good idea. We have established ourselves (my husband and I) as the supreme alphas. Also, when we are not home to supervise the dogs, all of them but Sam are put into their individual (very large and roomy) crates. They all get along very well, and we have not had any problems. We do know that potentially there could be problems, and we do everything we can to alleviate possible sources.

We used to have a pet sitting business, and that is where we first came face-to-face with this breed. We, like a lot of people, only heard the bad side of the dogs (the news media has a field day with anything related to a Pit bull bite). Within two days of watching two pit bulls, one of whom we had to administer oral antibiotics to, we were in "love"! I have had a lot of dogs in my lifetime....and I will never...ever....have any other breed but this breed. They are funny and very smart. They make us laugh all the time!! We have two grandchildren, ages 13 and 8. The dogs love it when they come to visit. Mya sulks for days after they leave, she so enjoys it when our granddaughter comes...they are real "buds".
We always are on hand to supervise the children/dogs during the visits, and my grandchildren have been taught to love and respect all living things.

Well, I hope this wasn't too long of an intro! Looking forward to getting to know the members and read the posts and enjoy the comraderie. Goldi[/img]
Goldi
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 17th, 2006, 8:06 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jesseca » February 17th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Hello :greenWave:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Judy » February 17th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Hello, and welcome!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 17th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Nice intro! Welcome! :gruven:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 18th, 2006, 11:50 am

Welcome to the forum!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » February 18th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Hi and welcome.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels