Let's Get It On!!!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2007, 12:01 am

Athena and her buddy Brownie playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7tl3maTouY

Brownie may be up for adoption soon :( His mother dropped him off at daycare today and told my friend that she can't keep him. My friend is in love with him and said she would talk to her husband and if he said no she would find him a home. The woman said "Oh good. So then I'll just leave him today, here's his food" handed her a can of Mighty Dog and walked out the door forever. She didn't even bring a leash and collar with him :( He'll be better off without them, but it's still so sad because he's the best boy ever. We're not sure if he'll be up for adoption or not as my friend is going to try to convince her husband to let her keep him, and even if he says no she still may keep him for a few months because we are doing a Reading With Rover program at the local school and he'll be perfect for it.

But if anyone knows anyone who is looking for THE most perfect Daschund ever let me know. He's 3 years old, great with all people, kids, and dogs. He was not housebroken at home but is housebroken at the store (we just think his old owners didn't put in any effort). He is a big barker, but if you strap on a citronella bark collar he calms down immediately. He's just the best snuggler and if I could have a million dogs I would keep him. Seriously, I'm not a fan of Doxies (sorry Copper!) but Brownie is just awesome. So yeah, not up for adoption yet, persay, but if anyone knows someone who really wants a Doxie let me know!!

"Athena you may be bigger but I'm gonna attach myself to your cheek"

"Hey Athena, thanks for throwing some of your dinner out of your crate for me to scrounge"

"Wait wait wait. Where are you going? Take me with you!"

"I like to snuggle a lot. Don't you just love me already?"

<3 <3 <3
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » February 13th, 2007, 12:25 am

OMG OMG OMG ::hyperventilating::
I want that dog :(
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » February 13th, 2007, 7:06 am

I can't believe Brownie's owner did that. :( Hope your friend is able to keep him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2007, 8:47 am

On February 12 2007, 11:25 PM, msvette2u wrote:OMG OMG OMG ::hyperventilating::
I want that dog :(

LOL! I figured you would :) The good thing is he isn't urgent or anything, he can live at the training center indefinitely if need be, and he loves it there. He and Athena run that place, LOL! He is really such a fantastic dog. We were actually kind of relieved when she dropped him off because he's been eating Ol' Roy and Mighty Dog and has been losing fur on his ears, neck, and bum, so we switched him right away to Barking at the Moon so hopefully his hair will start growing back. Poor pupper.

On February 13 2007, 6:06 AM, iluvk9 wrote:I can't believe Brownie's owner did that. :( Hope your friend is able to keep him.

Me too. That dog is just simply fantastic and none of us want to see him go. He's been coming to daycare 5 days a week free of charge for the past 2 months (my friend was trying very hard to help these people keep the dog) so we've all grown very attached to him. I think he just needs to be the store dog and gets lots of loving all day long from random people. Athena is going to miss him the most if he leaves they play hard and then snuggle together all day long :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » February 13th, 2007, 11:14 am

Poor puppy :(
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » February 13th, 2007, 11:19 am

The fur loss is part of the doxie breed somehow. I looked it up alot, it's a type of alopecia. Copper's bum is bare, and now the fur behind is ears is gone. Other than that he's in excellent shape, better than when we got him, for sure. We use Vet Balance and his dandruff is GONE. Plus a better food now is helping him alot.

Pattern Balding: Affected areas are pinnae( external ears), base of pinnae, ventral (underside) neck, belly tail and thigh . All can, ultimately, be diagnosed via skin biopsy.These begin in young animals, and are classified thusly:

Pinnal Alopecia: Is a genetically transmitted trait, particularly (but not exclusively) in certain breeds, such as [b]Dachshunds,
Minpinchers, Manchesters Terriers and Chihuahuas. There is hair loss on ears beginning about 6months of age that progresses to naked ears by 8 or 9 years of age. Exposed skin is (or becomes) dark/black. The rest of the coat is normal. Neutering or spaying has no effect on this. Some advocate Melatonin to subvert progression...(no proven effect, however).
Pattern Baldness of American Water Spaniels and Portuguese Water Spaniels: This occurs in animals of affected breeds who are under one years old . There is clearly a genetic predisposition. Animals begin to develop bald areas at about 6 months of age that are restricted to the neck, back and inside regions of the thighs, the tail and the underside of the belly.
Other Pattern Baldnesses: The most commonly affected animals are Dachshunds, Boston Terriers, Whippets, Greyhounds, Italian Greyhounds, Chihuahuas and Manchester Terriers. The pattern of hair loss is similar to that of the water dog breeds, described above, but also includes areas on the tops of the head, behind the base of the ears. Importantly, affected animals are approximately 6month old and are females. Hair loss is progressive over the next twelve months, until only very fine hairs are present in the near- naked areas. A similar pattern of hair loss that can confuse diagnosis occurs in animals deficient in the hormone estrogen. A trial treatment with estrogen can determine whether that is the case. (Alternatively, because estrogen is potentially dangerous to administer, serum estrogen levels can be ascertained in unspayed dogs.)ears (primarily males) and on belly (primarily females). Loss of hair from ears (pinnal alopecia) begins in puppyhood and progresses for years, to complete baldness. [/b]
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » February 13th, 2007, 11:23 am

He is a cute doxie! i like the coloring!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » February 13th, 2007, 11:26 am

Yeah!! If he ever gets in a bind (which, as adorable as he is, I can't imagine happening!) let me know ;)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2007, 11:27 am

Thanks for the info. I'll bring it up to Becky today when I head up. That also explains a lot of the nekked Greyhounds that I see!!
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2007, 11:29 am

On February 13 2007, 10:26 AM, msvette2u wrote:Yeah!! If he ever gets in a bind (which, as adorable as he is, I can't imagine happening!) let me know ;)
LOL will do :)
SisMorphine

Postby msvette2u » February 13th, 2007, 11:49 am

On February 13 2007, SisMorphine wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll bring it up to Becky today when I head up. That also explains a lot of the nekked Greyhounds that I see!!

Yeah - I had a bunch of bloodwork done on Copper that was all normal, lol because of his pinnal alopecia! And his buns have been bald since I met him - I like it though, they are sooo soft. lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2007, 11:53 am

Hahahaha!

Wally's belly is totally nekked and very warm and soft. His neck used to have hairloss but it's started growing back in the past 8 months, same with some of his inner thigh/bum area. But his hairloss isn't nearly as bad as a lot of the Greys I've seen.
SisMorphine

Postby luvmyangels » February 13th, 2007, 12:27 pm

People are just so heartless to just leave there animals without a care. Hope your friend is able to give him a forever home.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2007, 1:54 pm

On February 13 2007, 11:27 AM, luvmyangels wrote:People are just so heartless to just leave there animals without a care. Hope your friend is able to give him a forever home.

The thing is, he deserves better than them anyway. The mother is a mess and the kids are PSYCHOTIC! The mother's aunt whacked Athena hard with her cane, like she was golfing or something. I couldn't stand the people. So he'll be better off without them. I wish I could keep him 'cause he rocks . . . and I really hope Becky can keep him.
SisMorphine

Postby BigDogBuford » February 13th, 2007, 3:09 pm

On February 13 2007, SisMorphine wrote:The mother's aunt whacked Athena hard with her cane, like she was golfing or something.

Did you rip that cane out of her hand and whack her upside the head with it?
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2007, 3:14 pm

On February 13 2007, 2:09 PM, BigDogBuford wrote:
On February 13 2007, SisMorphine wrote:The mother's aunt whacked Athena hard with her cane, like she was golfing or something.

Did you rip that cane out of her hand and whack her upside the head with it?

I had to walk away before I beat her face in. The instructor (it was during playtime before puppy class) spoke with the woman as she saw my face turning bright red and me getting ready for war.
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » February 13th, 2007, 3:37 pm

I would have beat the bitch...........old & wrinkled or not.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby randi81 » February 18th, 2007, 11:26 pm

On February 13 2007, 10:53 AM, SisMorphine wrote:Hahahaha!

Wally's belly is totally nekked and very warm and soft. His neck used to have hairloss but it's started growing back in the past 8 months, same with some of his inner thigh/bum area. But his hairloss isn't nearly as bad as a lot of the Greys I've seen.

saydee's belly is next to hairless. her hair is very, very fine in that area... you can see her skin, she has skin coloring kinda like a cow. it's cute.
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Malli » February 19th, 2007, 1:11 am

My grandma did that to my parent's dog, the dog was laying down and I think my grandma just didn't know how to ask her to move, instead she kicked her because she didn't want to step over her (my grandma is not all that steady or her feet). Whatever the reason, my mum was not impressed(their dog is a "rescue" and they have done a TON of work brining up her confidence and making her less skittish, it almost would have been better if it was Oscar). And this is the dog my grandma likes, she won't even come near Os.

people are f-ed up :| At least Athena is young enough to let it roll of her :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » February 19th, 2007, 10:08 am

On February 19 2007, 12:11 AM, Malli wrote:people are f-ed up :| At least Athena is young enough to let it roll of her :)

Yeah, it didn't even register with her. She was just like "Oh look, I'm a few feet away now. Cool." and kept right on rolling. Luckily it wasn't during her fear period (which I thought we skipped but she's just going through it a bit later than my friend's puppy did . . . the submissive peeing is getting VERY annoying!).
SisMorphine

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members