Club in South Carolina

AL, AR, FL, GA, KY , LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Postby Whoppers » February 8th, 2007, 1:48 pm

We are trying to start an ADBA club in South Carolina. If you are interested would you please e-mail me your name and address. I will send you some info and a sign-up sheet. Thank You.
Whoppers
Just Whelped

Postby Whoppers » February 8th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Whoppers
Just Whelped

Postby lpyrbby » February 12th, 2007, 8:31 pm

Getting any response over here?
lpyrbby
Just Whelped

Postby GAPITS » February 12th, 2007, 9:17 pm

where in S.C. will this club be located?
GAPITS
Just Whelped

Postby lpyrbby » February 12th, 2007, 9:24 pm

On February 12 2007, 8:17 PM, GAPITS wrote:where in S.C. will this club be located?

Whoppers will be able to tell you more but I'm pretty sure it'll be based out of Columbia with shows at different locations if there is enough interest in it. Primarily ADBA but possibly with some fun stuff for the unregistered pups.
lpyrbby
Just Whelped

Postby Whoppers » February 13th, 2007, 12:54 am

On February 12 2007, 8:17 PM, GAPITS wrote:where in S.C. will this club be located?

Youre right it will be based in Columbia, but the shows may not be in Coulmbia. More than likely the shows will be near the upstate.
Whoppers
Just Whelped

Postby Whoppers » February 13th, 2007, 12:55 am

On February 12 2007, 7:31 PM, lpyrbby wrote:Getting any response over here?

LOL....To tell you the truth I think I am getting more criticism than anything, and im not exactly sure why!!!
Whoppers
Just Whelped

Postby lpyrbby » February 13th, 2007, 7:49 am

On February 12 2007, 11:55 PM, Whoppers wrote:
On February 12 2007, 7:31 PM, lpyrbby wrote:Getting any response over here?

LOL....To tell you the truth I think I am getting more criticism than anything, and im not exactly sure why!!!

Criticism about what?
lpyrbby
Just Whelped

Postby Whoppers » February 13th, 2007, 12:23 pm

"OH...You should support the clubs already out there", One club doesnt even hold their shows in SC, and one has been sanctioned for 2-3 years and is just now "supposedly" having their first sanc. show. Basically, I have had more responses of people giving their opinions than people wanting to join.
Whoppers
Just Whelped

Postby lpyrbby » February 13th, 2007, 12:32 pm

On February 13 2007, 11:23 AM, Whoppers wrote:"OH...You should support the clubs already out there", One club doesnt even hold their shows in SC, and one has been sanctioned for 2-3 years and is just now "supposedly" having their first sanc. show. Basically, I have had more responses of people giving their opinions than people wanting to join.

Ha! Well we are in the bible belt and remember our pit bulls are the d3v1L ! Not to mention alot of the asshats around here are more into fighting. At least what I've seen.

Maybe it had a lot to do with the Tant dogs a while back. Just a stray thought but as far as I know, he was probably one of the only "breeders" of the true game-bred APBT. Most of the APBT's in the paper (great reliable source I know) aren't really APBT's but the new breed, American Bully. And many of those "breeders" really only seem to be in it for the money and not the dogs.

Hard to say.
lpyrbby
Just Whelped

Postby GAPITS » February 13th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Whoppers can you please contact me, I would like to talk to you about this a bit more but I don't have enough posts to use the pm system. :)
georgiaapbt@aol.com
GAPITS
Just Whelped

Postby CHATNJACK » February 14th, 2007, 3:48 am

Whoppers / Wendi (adbapitts@hotmail.com). Like I explained to you on The Original Weight Pull Board, the Palmetto State APBT Club is and has been a very active ADBA American Pit Bull Terrier Club in South Carolina for many years now but do actually hold their ADBA sanctioned show's in Hickory, North Carolina due to the "lack of" a better (decent is more like it) facility available in their area (Bowling Green, York, Rock Hill). However just because they hold their show's in NC doesn't mean they aren't dedicated to fighting for the APBT'S preservation and against BSL / MSN in SC because they are. I know, because I fight along beside them on a daily basis. And as for your snide little remark about, "and one has been sanctioned for 2-3 years and is just now "supposedly" having their first sanc. show"... you're absolutely right about this being our first sanction show. Do you know what it takes to put on an ADBA sanctioned show? My next question, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? One of your responses to me on the weight pull board was, "Great. I would love to attend your show. This is the first I have seen or heard of a show or active club in SC" Re: http://members2.boardhost.com/2948wisec ... 77481.html
Our Club has been listed on the ADBA'S web site for over 2 years now with current contact information always available. Again, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Our Club has hosted 6 fun show's in Ladson, South Carolina over the last 3 years and 3 of those show's were Judged by ADBA sanctioned Judges. I personally posted those shows on every MAIN APBT Message Board online, sent out flyers by US Mail, and passed out flyers at both the ADBA sanction show's in Hickory, NC.... So again, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Maybe the attitude of, or the simple ignorance in general of your post is the very reason people responded and told you to support the clubs already out there. Like I told you on the weight pull board, I look forward to seeing you at our show here in Ladson, SC and extend a personal invitation to you and anyone else interested to come out and attend the monthly club meetings, and become a member of our club. A little constructive criticism here, since you obvious live in the upstate of SC, instead of complaining online about where the PSAPBTC shows are held, try getting involved actively with the club and seeing if there’s something you can do personally to help bring the show's home to South Carolina.
JACK TURNER
Founder, President, and EBA Rep. of
Carolina APBT Owners Association
An ADBA Sanctioned Club & SC Non-Profit Org.
CHATNJACK
Just Whelped

Postby Whoppers » February 14th, 2007, 11:27 am

Your sanc. show is not yet even posted on the APBT calendar, which is the reason I said "supposedly". I AM trying to get more shows in South Carolina, which is why this club is to be started. A gentleman at a weight pull asked if we would be interested in JOINING, we are not starting this club. I simply asked if anyone would be interested in joining. What I got was opinions. If you aren't interested then do not reply. All I want to know is if there are enough people for this man to start his club. If you or anyone else were offended by my comments then I will be a bigger person and appoligize. I do not see the harm in beginning another club in SC and everyone else acts like I am trying to make a move on someone's "turf". Could you explain what the problem would be?
Whoppers
Just Whelped

Postby Whoppers » February 14th, 2007, 11:58 am

Ok let me clarify. I, personally, am not trying to begin this club.
Whoppers
Just Whelped

Postby CHATNJACK » February 14th, 2007, 4:44 pm

You’re exactly right Whopper / Wendi. You asked a question on a public message board and you got answers from the public. The persons responding to your question have the right to voice their opinion whether or not you agree (like) or (dislike) disagree with it. After all, you asked for it on a public forum. You have no idea how many FLY-BY-NIGHT start up clubs I or other club members have seen come and go or the damage that they leave when they’re gone. Newbie’s get bit by the weight pull or conformation bug and the first thing they say is “hey, I wanna start a club tooâ€
JACK TURNER
CHATNJACK
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » February 14th, 2007, 6:07 pm

That's enough, folks.

This discussion has obviously started on another board and we won't allow it to be continued here. Thrash out your personal differences elsewhere.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CHATNJACK » February 14th, 2007, 6:44 pm

I stand firmly behind my post Marinepits and can assure you that no one is trashing out personal differences here on this forum, at least not me. I’m sure that this forum strives (or at least I hope it does) to present the American Pit Bull Terrier to the public in a positive light, which is also a goal of our club thus my legitimate concerns when I was made aware by another member of this forum of the uncalled for sarcasm by Whopper directed at our club. Since my last post I have been informed of who Whopper is and now completely understand their reason for posting. Had I of known before hand who they really were I would have not wasted the forums time or my own. I encourage those of you who share the passion and love for the American Pit Bull Terrier to join in and support your local ADBA sanctioned club.
JACK TURNER
CHATNJACK
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » February 14th, 2007, 6:58 pm

On Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:44 PM, CHATNJACK wrote: I’m sure that this forum strives (or at least I hope it does) to present the American Pit Bull Terrier to the public in a positive light...

Yes, we do.

...I was made aware by another member of this forum of the uncalled for sarcasm by Whopper directed at our club. Since my last post I have been informed of who Whopper is and now completely understand their reason for posting. Had I of known before hand who they really were I would have not wasted the forums time or my own.

:| All I can say is "What?" Again, this drama came from another forum and we really don't want a part of it.

Please, post up about your club. Let us know what you stand for and what you aim to achieve. I personally would also love to know more about weight pull.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2007, 7:00 pm

I second that.

Post about your club and add your shows / pulls to our calendar.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to South East