UUGGG I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Maryellen » February 16th, 2006, 6:27 pm

i know she is not doing it to piss me off, she is stressed that i have a puppy here.. she gets ALOT of quality alone time with me.. i will just increase it more until the pup is gone. this is the 3rd pup she has done this with in 4 years., so its not that bad.. just frustrating because the more poop she eats the more she throws up and the more i have to clean..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby DemoDick » February 16th, 2006, 6:37 pm

How is she getting access to the poop? You could either clean it up as soon as it hits the ground or limit her access to it.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby concreterose » February 16th, 2006, 8:24 pm

Jaime wrote:adolph's meat tenderizer. 8)

Adolf's meat tenderizer is not good for people. I certainly wouldn't give it to my dog! I would just be really diligent in cleaning it up as soon as it hits the ground, and letting her know I wasn't pleased. That's what I did with Vicki, and I guess she grew out of it :|
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 16th, 2006, 8:38 pm

i let them in the yard and thats where they poop, i have a pooper man come 2x a week, i will have to pick it up inbetween and bag it so she cant get it..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby concreterose » February 16th, 2006, 10:30 pm

You can't just get some of those poop bags and scoop it right up when they use it? At least until you break Jesse's habit.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 16th, 2006, 10:43 pm

yeah thats a good idea!! i have about 100 of the little poop bags, i will keep a bunch by the backdoor and scoop it up right when they go..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 17th, 2006, 12:01 pm

The soft muzzle idea may be a good one as well. She would only need it in the back yard and you could correct her as soon as she sniffed poop. It would give you an opportunity to correct her for the behavior without her being able to actually do the behavior.

I remember someone on PBF or ARC had a dog who would eat her other dog's poop as she was pooping

*gag*
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior