Testing Drive and my little brag

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 4th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Well pretty much just for my own knowledge and plans for working the lil ones I had a ScH trainer who works with APBTs come over and take a look at the girls today to test their drive a bit. He was impressed and gave me good feedback on them. LOL He also told me if I ever want to give one up he'd be waiting heheheh

He also worked with Samurai a little bit as he had evaluated him as a baby too and I wanted to see what he thought now. Samurai can be a little overwhelming at times with his energy evel and drive so of course he loved him too LOL even though Samurai ripped the jute LOL

I would really like to do tracking eventually. I've done a litel of the basics with Samurai but really need to work woth a trainer as I am too inexperienced in that area.

He keeps trying to get me to do full out ScH work with one of them, but I'm not so sure about that... I'd have to watch the training methods used first before going that route
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » February 4th, 2007, 8:31 pm

On February 04 2007, 7:02 PM, Patch O' Pits wrote:He keeps trying to get me to do full out ScH work with one of them, but I'm not so sure about that... I'd have to watch the training methods used first before going that route

Then I say go watch :D
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Pitcrew » February 5th, 2007, 11:49 am

Good for you!

Have fun, and good training!
Keep me up to date on the girls!
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby katiek0417 » February 5th, 2007, 5:28 pm

Woohoo!!! Congrats.

Safe training!

Also, keep in mind that different training directors have different methods. Find something you're comfortable with.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 10th, 2007, 1:32 pm

On February 05 2007, katiek0417 wrote:Woohoo!!! Congrats.

Safe training!

Also, keep in mind that different training directors have different methods. Find something you're comfortable with.

Absolutely. Also non bully trainers are more seen in this area so finding a good trainer with APBT knowledge and my own views on training is aso a toughie

I don't know that I'll ever go the SchH route but it is nice to know it is an option.

LOL The trainer left jutes stuffed in my mailbox... think that is a hint LOL

I absolutely do want to go watch. I just wish the training was done closer.
There is nothing close to me.

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby brooksybrooks1 » February 13th, 2007, 1:51 pm

lisa, is that a tricolor pit in your avatar? i always think those are so pretty.
i would go watch them practice and i would make sure they don't have a bad attitude about training exclusively with them or seeking second opinions. my club is very supportive and flexible with my training with others and for various sports and that's awesome. that would be cool if you got involved, the more pits in it the better. you should train and i'll train and then we'll compete in nationals someday against eachother and make history, it will be awesome!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Pitcrew » February 14th, 2007, 4:11 pm

Yes brooks, thats Luke. He is a popular show-off in the agility ring, around these here parts, but has been in semi-retirement for over a year due to lameness. The locals miss him.
He is an amazing jumper and abuses his body with his jumping style. He's extremely lithe and agile, but his shoulders are stock straight (like a fox terrier) which makes for a hard landing for large high-jumping dogs.
This year I am going to condition him differently and see if he stays sound to finish his open standard title. He really misses agility. Otherwise he's done and I will have to find him a new job. Probably Rally-O, or freestyle. Something low impact, requiring alot of focus.

Hey Patch! You gonna be at any of the UKC shows up this way this year? I hear there are going to be a few more than the usual Locke ones.
I would love to finally meet you, and I cant wait to meet those pups, and your other guys!
Too bad there arent more good Sch. trainers around here. Trained with a good one for about 6 mos., but became unwelcome after our first trial earning high score and praise from the judge (german) and Willie's Sch B and AD (endurance test). Guess he didnt like the success I was having with my obedience training methods (he insisted "his way" was better, but my dog always learned faster and was more reliable) and the fact that I didnt take it "seriously". I must have been having too much fun... lol. He was good trainer at protection though.
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 17th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Hey Lisa I don't knwo if I'll make it that far out. Locke is 5 1/2 -6 hrs from me

The puppies LOVE going on the jute.

Though They were playing with it as wee ones. This is at 7 weeks old

Gimme this thing right NOW

heheheh I won

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Sports