Ringsport on Animal Planet

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Marinepits » February 4th, 2007, 10:15 am

http://animal.discovery.com/tvlistings/ ... hannel=APL

I JUST saw the ad for this and it's on this morning at 10 am Eastern time.

APL — Ultimate Dog Championships
Ringsport
he Canadian Ringsport Association Championships is recognized as one of most demanding competitions on the UDC circuit. Originally a way to identify dogs with law enforcement potential, Ringsport challenges canines at three different skill levels.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » February 4th, 2007, 10:24 am

Awesome! I'll be able to catch at least half an hour of it before I have to go to training. Weeheeeeee!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 4th, 2007, 7:53 pm

I missed it :(
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » February 4th, 2007, 8:37 pm

I watched it. It was pretty cool, they went from FR I thru III, no Brevet, and they really only showed the bitework part of it and recapped the obedience and agility. The thing that REALLY ticked me off, though, is the female anouncer, during a segueway into agility, said something to the effect of "Now onto a much kinder and gentler sport" uhhh . . . thanks for giving people a bad impression, douche!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby odnarb » February 4th, 2007, 11:45 pm

That was pretty old footage of a trial. I knew a few of the people on the video. One of the dogs that was listed as 5 years old was born in 1996!
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby DemoDick » February 5th, 2007, 8:55 pm

The thing that REALLY ticked me off, though, is the female anouncer, during a segueway into agility, said something to the effect of "Now onto a much kinder and gentler sport" uhhh . . . thanks for giving people a bad impression, douche!

Good dogs don't bite, ever! Didn't anyone ever teach you that?

Demo Dick
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Return to Sports