Hello All

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Garlic Gal » February 15th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Hello, I live in Gilroy California, the garlic capital of the world. I have two rescued bullys. Cocomo is a brindle male, AST, Betty Boop is a black and white female APBT. I compete with Coco in agility and dock diving, he's in the 2006 Anti-BSL Good Dogs Calendar, and loves dressing up for holloween. Betty has done some agility and obedience, but after earning her CGC & TDI we found her true calling, in therapy work. I'm currently working on a bussiness plan to start a canine sports facility in my area. I hope it will become a fun place where all dogs are equally welcome and dog owner can become more informed.

Nancy :D
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby Jesseca » February 15th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Hello :greenWave:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 15th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Welcome! how did you become involved with the breed?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » February 15th, 2006, 3:26 pm

:hello: and welcome , I know where Gilroy is , my husband was raised in Holister .. looking forward to see some pictures of your pups..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » February 15th, 2006, 3:27 pm

Welcome! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby arlosgirl » February 15th, 2006, 3:32 pm

:wave:
arlosgirl
Just Whelped

Postby Garlic Gal » February 15th, 2006, 3:58 pm

I wasn't even sure how to post. Thank God for the easy to find reply button. Is there a simple post button somewhere that I'm just blind to. :shock:

To answer your question, I got involved with bullys by chance. Our first dog was a collie mix. I would send a picture if I could figure out how

We adopted Coco about a year later. He was originally given as a X-mas gift to my niece. But my dog-fobic sister made her give it away. The person that took him did not really want or like him. And in my niece's words, 'They're not very nice to him.' She begged me to take him in till we could find a good home. We did, but fell in love with him and he found his forever home with us.

We moved to AZ for my hubby's job. After 2 years there, Ashley, our collie got cancer and passed.

We adopted Betty Boop about 3 mo. later. She had been rescued from a puppymill situation. She was 2 yr. old, had had 2 litters, was malnurished, a terrible coat and rotten looking teeth. My son fell in love at first sight. Coco approved of her, so we nursed her back to health.

We moved back to CA two years ago. It took me a year to find a bully friendly agility instructor and group.

I found this forum through the Bully Olympics site.

Nancy

[/img]
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » February 15th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Nope, there is no 'post' button, just 'reply' and 'quote'

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » February 15th, 2006, 4:04 pm

:greenWave: Hi!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby CinderDee » February 15th, 2006, 6:17 pm

:hello:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Romanwild » February 15th, 2006, 11:01 pm

Welcome! :gruven:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby annieinpa » February 15th, 2006, 11:55 pm