Oliver ... the mean kitty cat ...

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Emi » February 15th, 2006, 9:47 am

Our friend Scott has a kitty cat named Oliver , he's around 2 years old now .

Scott got him a few weeks before we got Dottie , and we slowly introduced the two of them , cause Scott wasn't sure how Oliver would react to Dottie ... Oliver was suppost to be dog friendly ...

Well Oliver has always given Dottie the evil eye lol , he stares her down all the time ...

But they were once at the point where they would play with each other , have some cute pictures of them playing with each other ...

Dottie has always tried to be friends with him ...

They were good until oh around May , i'd say toward the middle/end of May .. Earl and Scott went to play tennis and I stayed at Scott's house to let Dottie run around , well it got sorta dark out , we were doing ok Dottie was running and playing , then she came over by me , and was shivering and looking at the one side of the yard, and I got this feeling that some one or some thing was watching us ..

So I packed us up and went inside, we sat in the dinning room for a bit , then I went out to the kitchen to get a drink , Dottie followed me and Oliver followed us both ...

Dottie walked over by Oliver's water / food dish , and OMG that was the wrong t hing to do , Oliver went ape , he started to attack Dottie, scratching her hiney all up , she yelled and cried and ran into the dinning room under the table , Oliver went barreling after her , heck bent on getting some more of her , I put myself between them and got Dottie out of there and out side.

Poor girl her hiney was all scratched up , and in some other places, we were lucky I know cats can do some damage to dogs if they really get going on them .. phew...

So, we keep a watch on them when we go over, basically Dottie stays out side , and Oliver inside , if Dottie does goes inside she stays near me..

About two weeks ago , Earl and I were sitting at the dinning room table , Dottie was at the dinning room window on the out side , the window was open , Oliver came around the corner from the kitchen, then he went into stalking mood, and the next thing we know he goes flying threw the screen on the dinning room window , chases Dottie around to the back end of the yard, Earl goes running out side to get control of the situation , Oliver has scartched her hiney up again ..

Poor Dottie ...

She still tries to be friendly with him no matter what , now when she goes in Scott's house she stays near the back door or near me ...

I think Oliver needs a behaviorist ... he's one mean kitty cat ...

Oliver and Percy get along just great ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » February 15th, 2006, 9:57 am

Cats are evil :cat:
Purple
I live here

Postby Malli » February 15th, 2006, 9:23 pm

An overactive fight or flight response and Territorialism??

I bet he's hell in the Vet Hospital, we get cats that are like that with people! All you have to do is walk by the kennel, and the cat will either attack the bars a spit and hiss or growl, it depends. I honestly think that some of them have a chemical imabalance going on. Its one thing to act scared, its another to outright attack. It wouldn't be healthy for a wild cat to attack a dog or human, period, its not good survival instinct period; so theres gotta be something wrong there...
:|

Cats are freakin' crazy, I'll take my dog any day, I can talk him out of almost anything...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » February 15th, 2006, 9:36 pm

Cats are freakin' crazy

Yes, they are! Once my cats are gone there will never be another one crossing my threshold. I am done with them, they have torn up my house WAY more than the dogs ever thought about doing.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » February 15th, 2006, 10:20 pm

I had a cat that hated dogs. My dad was all proud of his cat killin lab, till one day he had to take it to the vet for a $500 repair job...seems my cat kicked its ass....and that same cat attacked my sister's Great Dane, while my sister was walking it....funniest damn thing I ever saw, my sister being pulled down the driveway by her Great Dane, with my cat wrapped around its neck. She's screaming and yelling at me to do something...I was....I was crying and bent over in pain from laughing too hard..... :cat:
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » February 16th, 2006, 12:57 am

hehe Purple , that sounds so funny ...

I know Percy will be the first and last cat in our house ... I'm not really a cat person any way ... but Dottie's content with him so that is what matters ... Percy thinks my leg is his scratching post some times , tic's me off when he does that , and he also thinks my computer chair is his scratching post and he has a nice one that he doesn't use for that purpose ... :rolleyes2:

I take Percy over and socialize him with Oliver , those two get along just great ... but I tell ya I think Oliver is the devil :cat: when he see's Dottie , his whole body language changes and he goes into stocking mode ... hrm's french fried :cat: maybe ? lol
Emi
Full of Bully

Return to Training & Behavior