Miniature Doxie facing death over 'ankle bite' (UK)

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2007, 11:06 am

Eight-inch dog facing death over 'ankle bite'

Last Updated: 12:01am GMT 24/01/2007

An eight-inch tall sausage dog has landed her owner in court under the Dangerous Dogs Act for allegedly biting a neighbour on the ankle.

And Lucy, a miniature Dachshund, faces being put down if her owner Melanie Hobson is convicted of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place.

Mrs Hobson, 25, of Gosforth, Newcastle, denied the offence at Newcastle magistrates' court and faces a trial later this year.

Yesterday she described the case a "nightmare" and said even the police who called at her home seemed stunned when they saw the size of the family pet.

Mrs Hobson said her children, Monique, two, and Jacob, four, would be devastated if the pet was destroyed.

"Lucy is a lovely dog. She's tiny, how can she be classed as a dangerous dog? The kids adore her.

She's kind and gentle with them and incredibly patient."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main. ... ndog24.xml
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » January 25th, 2007, 12:11 pm

...and the tables turn...
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » January 25th, 2007, 12:17 pm

It's small so it can't be dangerous? :shock:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jenn » January 25th, 2007, 12:27 pm

"Lucy is a lovely dog. She's tiny, how can she be classed as a dangerous dog? The kids adore her.

Hmmm, maybe because SHE BITES/BIT!!
Jenn
undecided

Postby msvette2u » January 25th, 2007, 2:56 pm

That's what small dogs do BEST :shock: All the same, poor doxie. She should have kept it under control. It IS always the owners' fault!
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL