Hello from Oregon...

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Kim » February 15th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Hi all,

Let's see...I moved to Portland, OR with my husband six months ago, which is the 8th time zone I have lived in since I was 19 years old (I'm now 34 and no, I wasn't in the military, I just can't seem to stop wanting to see new places). We have been involved with dog rescue for the last 3 years, first in Minneapolis and now in Portland. Most of the rescue I have done has been with bully's. We have a lab mix named Freida and a pit mix named Dexter-the later was a failed foster situation. Dexter acts out his seperation anxiety or boredom by chewing his feet. It got to be such a problem in his first home that they wanted to put him to sleep (idiots!) and in his second home they wanted to amputate. When he came to us through rescue a year ago we thought enough already, he's not going anywhere else. The best cure we have found is giving him lots of love and attention, and putting a plastic lampshade collar on him when we leave! (fortunately he doesn's seem to mind).

We will be getting a new foster dog today. I look forward to posting pictures and telling the world about her!

Kim
Kim

Postby Jesseca » February 15th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Hi Kim :greenWave:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 15th, 2006, 1:24 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » February 15th, 2006, 1:30 pm

Oh, no, another Dexter!!!!! Welcome!! My Dexter is my avatar!!! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » February 15th, 2006, 3:26 pm

:hello:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby kymn25 » February 15th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Hi Kim :greenWave:
Welcome to the forum and to Portland. I to live in Portland (SW Cedar Hills/Cedar Mills Area). Good luck with your new foster. Where are you getter her from? Can't wait to see the pictures!
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby panda » February 15th, 2006, 5:42 pm

:hello: welcome, Kim ~ glad you are here.
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 15th, 2006, 6:17 pm

:hello:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Judy » February 16th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Hello and welcome!
Judy