Prong Collars???/

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » December 20th, 2006, 6:29 pm

that's exactly it!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby blayzeingsun » December 21st, 2006, 12:54 pm

Thanks that does help!
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » December 21st, 2006, 1:04 pm

oh, and Ellie, those are the perfect sized links for your dog!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » December 21st, 2006, 1:07 pm

I actually keep the ring on the right side of his neck since he's a left hand heeler, so that way I can give the most effective correction. But the prongs are still on the underside of his neck, the most sensitive part.

Mike wears his collar all day every day. When he goes to bed it comes off, but when he wakes up it goes on. This way it's like wearing a shirt, so he doesn't notice it.

I had a foster come in, once, wearing a prong collar that was so big for her it dragged on the ground as she walked! Talk about ill-fitting!!!! They said she was horrible on leash. Come to find she didn't need a prong at all. She went onto a martingale and walked fine on leash after some handler awareness. This is why I firmly believe in only using training collars (prongs, metal chokes, etc) under the instruction of a trainer.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby randi81 » January 23rd, 2007, 12:38 pm

On December 19 2006, 5:39 PM, Marinepits wrote:This is a great webpage about how to properly fit a prong collar:

http://www.leerburg.com/fit-prong.htm

very, very helpful!!
randi81
Full of Bully

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior