I really want to do something with Summer

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Jesseca » February 15th, 2006, 1:19 pm

But I'm not sure what. She 10, so I don't know if that is working against her or not. She has a pretty good toy drive, but her age I think slows her down. I'm sure as a young dog she was awesome. Any ideas for a sport for an old girl to learn? :|
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » February 15th, 2006, 1:23 pm

There was a nine year old dog competing in the agility finals....oh, wait, I think that dog won its class......as long as she's up to it, I think you may be able to teach that ol' gal anything she wants to do!
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 15th, 2006, 1:28 pm

Agility would probably be ok, you would just lower the jumps for her.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jesseca » February 15th, 2006, 1:29 pm

Maybe I'll look into that. You know it would sure be more helpful if you all were over here, not WAY over there. :)
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » February 15th, 2006, 1:29 pm

mnp13 wrote:Agility would probably be ok, you would just lower the jumps for her.

Hopscotch has had the FHO in both hips, so we keep the jumps low....
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » February 15th, 2006, 2:03 pm

My Petey will be 9 on March 24th, but he still goes and goes.

He hurt his back in Aug 2004, so we've forced him to slow down and don't allow him to pull a wagon anymore, but he still plays hard.

We have an agility course that the kids set up and I tell them to keep the jumps no higher than his doggie elbow on his front legs for his safety.

We're think about letting him try flyball, because once you show him a ball, NOTHING distracts him. We have say B-A- Double Hockey sticks or he jumps around like a nut.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 16th, 2006, 7:18 pm

Agility
Rally-O
Obedience
Tracking
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Sports