don't mess with me...

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 21st, 2007, 2:34 am

lest my dog eat your kidneys. This was a big event we held today with about 20 dogs, it was tre's first work with a bitesuit instead of a sleeve, and working on slick floors, and chasing decoys down hallways and such. of course, tre was the only pit, he got called a "nice boxer" a lot (these are dog people, are they serious?!) and was the star of the show because he was such a lover to the spectators!

*brag* tre might not have been the most advanced or had the best form, but he took home the title of the only dog to actually hurt the decoy through the suit-CRUNCH!!! bruises to prove it, that's my boy!

brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 21st, 2007, 3:10 am

ok, so i guess there were a few other, furrier dogs there. i'll label the dog that may be the father of my next pup, on that fateful day when i have to decide between a pit and a mal! his name is knox, and we're in love.

dave (knox's full brother)
lexi
reyna
sita
max
coven
knoxer-roxer!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 21st, 2007, 8:33 am

Great pics and VERY stylish training facility, LOL!

Everybody looks like they mean business. :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby dogged » January 21st, 2007, 9:07 am

Great pics and GREAT JOB!
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 21st, 2007, 9:23 am

On January 21 2007, brooksybrooks1 wrote:but he took home the title of the only dog to actually hurt the decoy through the suit-CRUNCH!!! bruises to prove it, that's my boy!

Darn, those Boxers are toughies! LMAO

Those were great photographs. Congrats on such a good job with the training!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 21st, 2007, 10:23 am

Fun pics! In that 2nd set of pics, all the dogs looked so MEAN! :shock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » January 21st, 2007, 11:26 am

Are you training in a hotel??
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » January 21st, 2007, 12:22 pm

The face on this dog cracks me up! LMAO Though if it was in front of me, I'd be scared to death.

Looks like it was an old hotel or something to me too. What other kind of place uses capet like that?
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » January 21st, 2007, 12:25 pm

What a cool place to train and what great shots. Looks like you had an awesome time :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby APBTgal » January 21st, 2007, 4:59 pm

WOW!!! I love the pics. CONGRATS ON THE awesome training you are doing. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock:
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 21st, 2007, 5:36 pm

it was actually an old abandoned restaurant that they use sometimes as a convention center or reception hall, a guy that trains with us is a rent-a-cop that does the security there so he let us in to do our thing. it was a pretty good time, i was the designated photographer.
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 22nd, 2007, 12:46 am

Great pics! Nice dogs. 8)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 22nd, 2007, 10:19 am

you have to really trust the trainer to stand right behind or next to him to get some of those shots! every now and then a dog would look at me like, "is it you? are you the bad guy?" and i didn't like it too much!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2007, 12:59 pm

On January 22 2007, 9:19 AM, brooksybrooks1 wrote:you have to really trust the trainer to stand right behind or next to him to get some of those shots! every now and then a dog would look at me like, "is it you? are you the bad guy?" and i didn't like it too much!

I don't trust the trainer...I trust my decoys :wink:
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby mnp13 » January 22nd, 2007, 1:20 pm

On January 22 2007, 11:59, katiek0417 wrote:
On January 22 2007, 9:19 AM, brooksybrooks1 wrote:you have to really trust the trainer to stand right behind or next to him to get some of those shots! every now and then a dog would look at me like, "is it you? are you the bad guy?" and i didn't like it too much!

I'm with you there! I don't care what the trainer has to say, if you're not 100% sure that the decoy can keep the dog where it is supposed to be (on them!) then don't get out there.

Katrina and I have both shot trials where if the decoys were not paying attention we had a good chance of getting eaten.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2007, 2:43 pm

On January 22 2007, 12:20 PM, mnp13 wrote:
On January 22 2007, 11:59, katiek0417 wrote:

I'm with you there! I don't care what the trainer has to say, if you're not 100% sure that the decoy can keep the dog where it is supposed to be (on them!) then don't get out there.

Katrina and I have both shot trials where if the decoys were not paying attention we had a good chance of getting eaten.

Exactly, Michelle....I don't know about you, but I'm much more wary at training than at trials (mainly b/c Chad is gone now, so we're using "inexperienced" decoys)...I definitely don't stand at training where I stand at trials....

Even when i steward...I have to trust my decoys...especially in the 1's for the long down w/gunfire...I've had non-social dogs take off during the long down when they heard the gunfire...and I'm in the middle of the field (between the dog and the decoy)

That's the one good thing about PSA...the decoys definitely will look out for the people on the field....(I'm sure other sports are like that, but I can't attest to it since I don't train other sports)...
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » January 22nd, 2007, 2:47 pm

Ya'll are much braver than I am. I don't trust ANY one, if I see a dog running at me I'm hauling ass OUTA there. But that's just me. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » January 22nd, 2007, 2:52 pm

PSA has been great about it, and Cheryl's entire DSO crew was great as well. Personally, I'm less concerned at training because I knew the dogs pretty well and had decoyed for all of them. But your club is much larger with a more varied clientel so you have different things to worry about than I do!

I'm sure you've seen the video of OJ at the trial in Utah? When one of the dogs on the field mistook him for a decoy and he fended it off with his clipboard? I'll let the dog bite me to keep it away from my camera! lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2007, 6:04 pm

On January 22 2007, 1:52 PM, mnp13 wrote:I'm sure you've seen the video of OJ at the trial in Utah? When one of the dogs on the field mistook him for a decoy and he fended it off with his clipboard? I'll let the dog bite me to keep it away from my camera! lol

What dog was that?

Chipper did that at a seminar one time...In fact, I think it was either OJ or Jerry he went after....
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2007, 6:06 pm

On January 21 2007, 2:10 AM, brooksybrooks1 wrote:ok, so i guess there were a few other, furrier dogs there. i'll label the dog that may be the father of my next pup, on that fateful day when i have to decide between a pit and a mal! his name is knox, and we're in love.

Do you know Knox or Lexi's lines? They look very familiar...
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Next

Return to Sports