Wilding Avenue dog was no pit bull

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 19th, 2007, 12:10 pm

EDITOR'S NOTE: City Police have issued an update on last night's dog attack on Wilding Avenue, indicating that the animal involved was not a pit bull mastiff, but a Neapolitan mastiff (example shown).

Known for their loose skin and big heads, Neapolitan mastiffs can be very protective.

Staff at the local animal shelter advise us that this particular animal is "not a very nice dog."

11:41 a.m. update

Last evening and early this morning the information provided to the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service was that the dog involved in the incident on Wilding Avenue was a pit bull mastiff.

It has been confirmed late this morning that the dog is Neapolitan mastiff and not a pit bull mastiff.

Officers from Investigation Services are continuing to investigate this incident.

Original release

Yesterday afternoon around 2:40 p.m. officers from Patrol Services and Investigation Services attended at an address in the 100 block of Wilding Avenue in regards to an adult female being attacked by a large dog.

Neighbours who heard the victim screaming for help came to her aid and hit the dog with a broom and assisted the female leaving the residence.

She had been alone in the residence at the time.

The female was taken to the Sault Area Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.

The dog involved is a pit bull mastiff.

The Chief of Police signed an order under the Dog Owners Liability Act and the dog was seized last night with the assistance of the Humane Society.

The investigation is continuing.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/fu ... mber=22093
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » January 19th, 2007, 12:32 pm

What the heck is a "pit bull mastiff"?

I have a pit bull/mastiff mix, but I would NEVER refer to him as a "pit bull mastiff" -- that makes it sound like a totally new breed.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Gatsu » January 19th, 2007, 1:56 pm

how about the say how retarded the person is for coming up with a new breed of dog!!

If they just said mastiff they wouldn't make head lines!
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL