Dangerous dog ordinance passes (Bridge City, Texas)

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 18th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Dangerous dog ordinance passes in BC
By Tommy Mann Jr.

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — City council members unanimously approved a new dangerous-dog ordinance at Tuesday night’s meeting.

At the Oct. 3, 2006 council meeting, Linda Monk, a resident living on Henry Street requested council members create a dangerous-dog ordinance after reporting she was the second person bitten by a dog, a Doberman Pinscher.

After the ordinance was passed, Steve Faircloth, Bridge City Chief of Police, spoke to city council members.

“I'm very happy with the ordinance because it deals with the dog and its actions, and not the breed,â€
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » January 18th, 2007, 1:43 pm

This is something I'm actually very happy about, and hope that others can follow the leader! The amount of loose dogs are ridiculous, and out of control. I seen this on the news when it was first being introduced, and they went there to report it. There were dogs running around loose on camera, and I'm sure it didn't take them long to find a few to record. :rolleyes2:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jenn » January 18th, 2007, 3:14 pm

I just have to add something, since now I'm disgusted. Seems one of the local news channels used a picture of a pit bull for the online article. Seriously, why not use a picture of a Doberman? UGH.. (K, I'm done)
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » January 18th, 2007, 4:39 pm

On January 18 2007, 2:14 PM, Jenn wrote:I just have to add something, since now I'm disgusted. Seems one of the local news channels used a picture of a pit bull for the online article. Seriously, why not use a picture of a Doberman? UGH.. (K, I'm done)

EVERY one knows that only pit bulls are dangerous Jenn!!

I am on board with dangerous dog laws, they are needed & they need to be inforced. Trouble is, Texas HAS dangerous dog laws, why not use them? But, as long as they are not targeting breeds, more power to them
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL