Dog is buried alive, but survives

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 16th, 2007, 12:55 pm

http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/s ... 386e00347e

Dog is buried alive, but survives

Story By: Kim McCrea
Email Kim Watch This Video
(PENSACOLA, Fla.) January 15 - A 5-year-old bull mastiff mix dog is resting as comfortably as possible inside the Escambia County Animal Shelter in Pensacola after being buried alive. Shelter Director Bruce Rova says the canine suffered some painful injuries: "His joints are swollen. His skin is irritated. He was traumatized. But tonight, he's doing so much better."

Over the weekend, someone buried the dog alive in the back yard of a home on West Jackson Street in Pensacola. Melissa Vanderpool's boyfriend, Robby Wilson, is being credited as being the person responsible for saving the dog's life. "He had to climb up and look over the fence," Vanderpool says. "And he could see the dirt mound and hole. And periodically, you could see the nose of the dog come up to the top of the hole."

Wilson saw something else which was even more heart-wrenching, another dog trying to rescue the buried dog. Shelter Director Rova explained the scene: "There was another dog in the yard that was coming over and smelling at that dog. The dog tried to push aside a stepping stone that was on the top of the area where the dog was buried."

Wilson helped an animal control officer to dig the dog out. The animal was severely dehydrated, but still alive, and was rushed to an emergency animal clinic.

There's no word yet on who might be the owner of the dog, or who might have mistreated him in such a way, but Rova says they have a very strong lead in the case
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » January 16th, 2007, 12:59 pm

:shock: I hope they confiscated ALL the dogs on the property!???
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 16th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Let's bury the arsehole "owner" who did this and leave him/her there to rot. :mad2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » January 16th, 2007, 1:08 pm

that other dog is a hero, as is the man who bothered to investigate.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Asta » January 16th, 2007, 1:10 pm

How unbearbly horrendous , thats the most heartwrenching thing i have read in a while :o :shock:
The poor poor buried dog and its poor doggy friend who must have also been so panicked while trying to save him :(
I hope that the mastiff gets the life he deserves, and the same wish goes for the owner, but in regards to a suitable punishment...

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 16th, 2007, 1:28 pm

You know, I lose my faith in humanity more and more every day. :evil:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Michele » January 16th, 2007, 1:49 pm

human beings suck
Michele
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 16th, 2007, 4:46 pm

On January 16 2007, pitbullmamaliz wrote:You knowI lose my faith in humanity more and more every day, . :evil:

Absolutely.....

I cannot even imagine one of my dogs in such a horrible situation. I look at them, know what kindness is behind their eyes, and believe they have a soul.

:( :( :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmypitties » January 17th, 2007, 3:41 pm

How could someone do that?? Makes me sick that people like that are truely out there!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL